Alright when was that again.....?

So, 3 place grid penalty --> Leclerc for impeding Kvyat, he had another offence (crossing the control line during a red flag) but the stewards deemed it unintentional.

Ferrari: it's not an engine thing, we have lower top speed in this season because we have changed our focus to aero to have more downforce
Downforce: no you don't have me

Last edited:
My goodness Hamilton nailed that poleposition lap! Impressive
A whole 1.2 secs faster than everyone else, in the wet....surely that too wasn't luck right? :roflmao:

I love the rain...

It's this kind of stuff that Hamilton pulls off that convinces me that he is at the very least equal in ability to Schumacher or Senna.

A lot of people say his success is due to the car, and to a certain extent I would agree - F1 has pretty much always been about the best car. However what those people are overlooking is that not only is he in the best car, he also just happens to be the best driver as well.

With that in mind, I can't wait for Russell to get a decent drive - what he's managing to do in that Williams is bloody impressive, and I think Hamilton has a potential successor there.

It seemed that Max had a lot more trouble controlling his Redbull, not Lewis at all. So think the Mercedes was easier to drive in the rain. Max is also a real rain master. Given its status Brasil and Hockenheim. That saying, of course, doesn't take away from Lewis's performance. Both were very good on this moment the two best drivers of F1.. But don't forget Ocon and Sainz and Russel. It was a nice qualification. More rain please :)

It's this kind of stuff that Hamilton pulls off that convinces me that he is at the very least equal in ability to Schumacher or Senna.
A lot of people say his success is due to the car, and to a certain extent I would agree - F1 has pretty much always been about the best car. However what those people are overlooking is that not only is he in the best car, he also just happens to be the best driver as well.
With that in mind, I can't wait for Russell to get a decent drive - what he's managing to do in that Williams is bloody impressive, and I think Hamilton has a potential successor there.
I agree that Hamilton is one of the fastest, Russell is also perhaps one of those but maybe you're a little bit
carried away with patriotism :geek: there are also some other very fast drivers on the grid too don't you agree ;)

It seemed that Max had a lot more trouble controlling his Redbull, not Lewis at all. So think the Mercedes was easier to drive in the rain. Max is also a real rain master. Given its status Brasil and Hockenheim. That saying, of course, doesn't take away from Lewis's performance. Both were very good on this moment the two best drivers of F1.. But don't forget Ocon and Sainz and Russel. It was a nice qualification. More rain please :)
Lewis very good yes, especially when you see where Botas was with same car, but that Merc though, onboard it is evident that the car has much more downforce and is far more stable than other cars. Max was spinning wheels each time he tried to accelerate, he did a great job getting into second.

don't think there's enough time to do that between now and September

They've being doing some major reworks over the last couple of years, seen posts from their facebook, appeared to be mainly stands and facilities, but there was a bit of resurfacing and changes to gravel traps - maybe they did a bit of widening for F1 too?

Hamilton is incredibly fast on wet tracks but the 1.2 secs gap is a bit happy, because Verstappen couldn't finish his last lap while he had green sectors 1 and 2 and Bottas had a brake issue.

Just watched it back again using the Live feed and the timing data.

Just after Max finished sector 2 he was practically even with Lewis' best lap at that point (+0.078 to be exact)...but then he lost traction going into the final sector so he ended up with mostly yellows in sector 3 before his spin took him out of contention...so let's say he lost 0.2 seconds when he was wrestling with the car...Lewis then beats his own amazing time by 0.5 seconds more.

So even if Max completed that last lap without spinning, he'd still be around 0.2 seconds down on Lewis' previous best (and if the clocks on the F1 overlays are anywhere near in sync with each other, Max was actually more like 0.5 seconds behind Lewis comparing their crossing under the Liqui Moly Banner)...So he would still be anywhere from 0.7 to 1.0 second behind Lewis' final time...so it was still a crazy good lap any way you slice it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back