Alright when was that again.....?

The livery looks very good i have to say! But it's sadly really just some form of commercial in my personal point of view. If they really would care about racism, they had to boycott the races in Dubai and Bahrain since years... UAE and Bahrain been using black slaves from africa since years for their construction sites. They been smuggled over lybia, which is anyway in a quite chaotic situation since the fall of gaddafi. Their passports been collected and they are just allowed to go to work, no other free time activities are allowed, while they are forced to live in a small room, which is filled with 30-40 people and just 1-2 toilets available. Human traffickers sadly have a really easy job on the african continent. I have the feeling that BLM is a campaign for black people in the western world, why the majority on the african continent still been exploited and enslaved, while no one is caring about it. So its a nice idea by Mercedes but also quite hypocritical. Sorry if my post got too political... But the whole theme needed some background.

Well i can never be sure. But i have read alot of stuff in my 6 years at university. And i am settled into an area i now feel comfortable in. Derrida and deconstructionism is not for me although to use his ideas against himself may happen. I am always willing to look at new things but i really feel i have ventured into it.

For me simracing is escape.

Your second question is a deep one. I feel many sports are, which is why i have not watched football for 20 years. Motor racing i found to be away from such nonsense. But who knows.

Some slogans are based on rhetoric and some are subversive and some are passive etc... Surely you are not accepting a big corporate company to tell you what to think or do?

I agree. I also see Sim Racing as an escape (aside from frustration and feeling inadequate :)). It's interesting to me that this discussion is happening here where I come to escape and that I feel inclined to engage in it!

I try not to be told what to do and endeavour to make my own decisions but to what extent are any of our decisions truly our own? To what extent are we constrained or influenced by the things around us including the "subversive" elements?

I'd like to hope there is always I can read more about and learn and wonder what feeling comfortable in a stance would lead to?

I am enjoyinh aspects of this conversation though. It's challenging me to thnk differently, thank you.

I'd be keen to correspond away from here rather than clog up the board. Feel like we're going off-topic.

I'm sure calling them Black Arrows will be considered extremely racist.

:(
r_arrows_1998_pedro_paulo_diniz_monte_carlo_monaco.jpg

I agree. I also see Sim Racing as an escape (aside from frustration and feeling inadequate :)). It's interesting to me that this discussion is happening here where I come to escape and that I feel inclined to engage in it!

I try not to be told what to do and endeavour to make my own decisions but to what extent are any of our decisions truly our own? To what extent are we constrained or influenced by the things around us including the "subversive" elements?

I'd like to hope there is always I can read more about and learn and wonder what feeling comfortable in a stance would lead to?

I am enjoyinh aspects of this conversation though. It's challenging me to thnk differently, thank you.

I'd be keen to correspond away from here rather than clog up the board. Feel like we're going off-topic.

Totally right. Although i could elaborate much more but this is not the place. I would say the sign seems more subversive than the football variation of being in your face rhetorical. I have found in my life that i am still the same person with similar views to when i was younger. Which tells me genetic placement is just as important as that old kantian , 'all knowledge is attained by experience.'

Many people have been in that comfortable stance.

Does your inadequacy mean you play more Grid and PC2 than RF2 or AMS1+2? Or even worse F1 2019? Haha.

I will pretend that it's just a nice color choice and that it has nothing to do with BLM. I know what BLM is, i know what their agenda and ideology is, i know into who's pockets the donation money end up and to what end. So instead of thinking about it and boycotting F1....i will pretend....it's just a nice color.

• Deleted member 217114

Looks I won't support Mercedes or Buy a Mercedes during my life-time then. I hate this kind of trends. Look I've lots of disabilities, so don't come moan at me that I am a bad person and I should rot in hell or so

But everyone is guilty of racism and discrimination. It's build within the human brain cause it's one of the main features to make sure you, as individual can survive and make offspring. We are build to live with people who 'look the same', think the same, do the same. The problems are only here a. People aren't educated. b. People are forgetting time and place-boundness/commitment. c. Since World War 2 and the decolonization the Western World has adopted the 'we need to be more tolerant'-mantra. However, with the years passing by you can also become too tolerant and people will make miss-use of it. D. With the technology of internet and social media people do copy problems from the other side of the continent or world into their own society. E. Bots, bots, bots. They are everywhere.

This what Mercedes does is just one of the things all the companies do. Trying to satisfy everyone to make sponsors happy, customers happy but meanwhile going for the biggest profit by discriminating other groups that think different.

Anyway I've been discriminated my whole life and I don't go onto social media that disabilities matter. Instead of that I do think we don't matter because we shouldn't be alive anyway. I just go with the flow and see how the world develops.

Now off to simracing. Peace. :roflmao:

Regardless of the message behind it, their designers still did a really good on this one. I don't care what you say. If we are getting mad about an f1 livery, then there is something wrong with our society.
Actually most have already stated that they like the livery...as just a livery. It's the "message" that comes along with it that's causing issues. Even in here you can see how divisive this whole thing is. It's supposed to be against racism, pro unity and all that stuff, but all it does is to make it a bigger issue than it ever was in modern history. Also, because it has started to become more obvious that there's politics involved in this... a new form of racism is being created. Ideological racism. Far more dangerous in my opinion.

Oh really ? please tell me which occidental country has got institutionalized racism? and BLM are just terrorist! matter of the fact is that whites die more from police than any other race and that excess of force from police on black as gone done 70% for the last 40 years!!!! thoes are facts! black on black is the biggest crime that exsist in the US, so how is racisme in the picture? George Floyd was also a criminal, he has got a long list of offence, not to mention he's a drug dealer that sells fentanyl and some would argue he was on it and that's why he had a low heart rate and decrease breathing (that's one of the effects of fentanyl).
What I read here is that you don't want discourse, you only want to express your opinion and wouldn't let social science research come in the way of it and that's why I won't waste my time on interacting with you. Goodbye

Oh really ? please tell me which occidental country has got institutionalized racism? and BLM are just terrorist! matter of the fact is that whites die more from police than any other race and that excess of force from police on black as gone done 70% for the last 40 years!!!! thoes are facts! black on black is the biggest crime that exsist in the US, so how is racisme in the picture? George Floyd was also a criminal, he has got a long list of offence, not to mention he's a drug dealer that sells fentanyl and some would argue he was on it and that's why he had a low heart rate and decrease breathing (that's one of the effects of fentanyl).

There are many countries that exhibit institutionalized racism, it just depends on how wide you wish to open your eyes and how far you wish to look.

"the fact is that whites die more from police than any other race" - Why don't you start a protest, I'll gladly join it!! When you look at the demographic of the US about 65% are white, so statistically, Yes, the majority of unfortunate deaths at the hands of the police would logically be white. The real problem with your statement is the percentage of black deaths in relation to the black population in the US far exceeds the percentage of white deaths to the white population.

"excess of force from police on black as gone done 70% for the last 40 years!!!" - A bit of an open statement really, What do you mean? Instead of 100,00 cases of excessive force there's "ONLY" 30,000 now or something!!

"black on black is the biggest crime that exsist in the US" - An absolute lie, while the white population are about 65%, the black population are about 15%. Statistically it could not be possible, but because of how the media portrays it, that's what you will believe, a black person will more likely kill another black person because that's who lives in their neighborhoods, the same as Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, etc are more likely to kill another of the same demographic. As an example, did the media report on what happened in Las Vegas, where that man took that gun and shot those innocent people at that rock concert as white on white crime!!

I don't believe anybody really thinks Mercedes are going to end racism with a paint job, but I think it's good that around the world organizations and people are now highlighting the issue that there STILL is a problem. Just seeing some of those disgusting racist rants from some people in the US is enough to confirm that there really is a problem. Reading some of the comments I can tell some are influenced rather that using their own judgement. Terms like Marxism, terrorists, anti racism means anti white, George Floyd died of a medical condition are straight from whatever news media or youtuber you decide to drink your poison from, but then some say they don't like agendas being forced on them which doesn't actually make sense, everything you hear, see or read on the internet has an agenda behind it.

If the day comes and there's a protest for the injustices to the people of Qatar, I'll be there, if there's injustices to people of whatever colour who I feel deserve as much right as anybody to have their voice and concerns heard, I'll be there, without feeling like if they get any kind of justice, then in some weird strange way I must be losing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.