Alright when was that again.....?

Portimao looks nice but plz no Mugello, I don't want a third country to have a double dip.

Here is my revised F1 2020 calendar.

1 or 2. Germany and Austria (in no particular order)
3. Hungary
4 or 5. Britain and France (in no particular order)
6. Spain
7. Belgium
8. Italy.

I must be the only Portuguese to not like Portimão :p

And it was built in an area where people don't give a damn about racing. If it was in the north it would have more people in the stands in all the races they have. In the south it's like it's a ghost town even with good series running there

Well, considering that there’s a good chance that the race will be held without spectators, it doesn’t matter, right?

Some good things are coming out of the delayed season. Indycar and Nascar are FINALLY doing a doubleheader and trying new track/date combos that fans have been requesting for years. It just took corona to break up existing contracts.

Some good things are coming out of the delayed season. Indycar and Nascar are FINALLY doing a doubleheader and trying new track/date combos that fans have been requesting for years. It just took corona to break up existing contracts.
When I started hearing about IndyCar and Nascar being possibly interested in doing a doubleheader, I said that would be something I would go anywhere in the country to attend. And it's for real, AT INDY... and nobody can go! :(

nice move: on the poster for the newly scheduled spa 24h it's autumn! love it:
timthumb.php

Hi, I'm an international student from Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. And I'm doing a social network analysis of Formula 1. Basically, it's about a successful social media strategy in sport (Formula 1 as an example). Curious about the outcomes of your research, because I could compare and contrast them in my project (as I'm trying to find out what social media marketing strategies Formula 1 used before and what has changed since).

Verry interesting i hope the results are posted on here. Many people i know trash F1 and call it dull, I don't believe this because it would not survive. Yes it is not always perfect or fair but that is how life goes. I am shore the numbers are way bigger than most people think.

I like the poster but I wish it was the #20 Gulf Porsche instead of Frikadelli. Hopefully it's open to the public and I can camp again this year. A cold weekend will make it interesting.

Portimao is a good track. Race there on my Race 07 sim. Lots of sharp elevation changes which i like. Mugello don't know much about apart from it being connected to Ferrari. So The Ferrari will run well there. Though i believe they be underdogs due to Red Bull having a edge over current schedule.

It was great to see some proper live race action again.
The tire issues clearly took all strategic elements out of the race. And that's normally quite a big part of oval racing.
A bit sad our fellow dutchman spun out early on, but good to have the season start finally!

Here's a link to a review of F1 2020 by Romain Grosjean himself:

"Je reproche toujours à ce jeu d’être un poil trop arcade, explique le Genevois en évoquant F1 2020. Lorsque tu rentres dans un virage, tu rencontres toujours du sous-virage. Et puis sur les gaz, c’est très compliqué de savoir si tu vas faire un tête-à-queue ou pas lorsque tu n’as pas l’antipatinage. Je trouve que la voiture manque un petit peu de sensations et de vie en entrée de virage. Il faut aussi rouler avec la caméra située au-dessus de la prise d’air pour avoir une meilleure vision. Tu ne peux pas jouer avec la vue cockpit. Forcément, ça enlève un petit peu d’immersion. Après, c’est très très beau niveau graphismes et c’était sympa de pouvoir découvrir les nouveaux circuits. "

Translation: "The game is a bit too arcade, says the Geneva resident. When entering a turn, there's always understeer. And it's a bit tricky when applying the throttle because you never know when you'll spin if the traction control is turned off. You must use the cam above the cockpit to get a better field of view, you can't use the cockpit cam. So that takes away from the feeling of immersion. Still, the graphics are very very nice and it was fun to discover new tracks."

"Grosjean comprend néanmoins la volonté de Codemasters et de la F1 de proposer un produit accessible au plus grand nombre. « Aujourd’hui, si tu n’as pas le dernier volant Fanatec et le dernier écran ultra-large en 144 Hz, tu ne peux pas rouler sur iRacing, explique-t-il. Je l’ai constaté personnellement. À la base, j’avais un vidéoprojecteur, je suis passé sur un écran ultra-wide et j’ai gagné 1’’5 au tour d’un seul coup.». "

Translation: Grosjean nonetheless understands that Codemasters has to produce a game that is widely accessible. "Today, if you don't have the latest Fanatec steering wheel and the latest ultra-wide 144hz monitor, you can't race in iRacing. I found out by myself. At first, I had a vIdeo projector, then I got an ultrawide monitor and I instantly shaved off 1,5 second off my laptime."

very interesting development:

"Haupt Racing Team (HRT) will join the GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS grid this season with an all-star driver line-up in its Mercedes-AMG GT3.

Long-time racer and successful real estate developer Hubert Haupt will lead the new squad, with the initial programme seeing one car entered in the Endurance Cup. Haupt has assembled a formidable line-up both on the circuit and behind the scenes, with the driver line-up featuring proven winners Vincent Abril, Maro Engel and Luca Stolz. The crew will also receive support from Mercedes-AMG at the Total 24 Hours of Spa.

This trio had been set to drive for Black Falcon this term before the German squad elected to step back from its GT3 commitments. Several key personnel have now joined HRT, with team principal Sean Paul Breslin, technical director Marvin Wagner and engineer Renaud Dufour all part of the squad."

full text:

and the press statement from Black Falcon:

If that flag was flown as a symbol of pride in ancestry, it'd be one thing.
That doesn't seem to be most of the cases today.
It seems to be flown as an 'in your face...this is our sport...we own it' mindset.
I guess NASCAR wants to appear all-inclusive, hence the ban.
A lot of us do fly it to symbolize pride in their heritage but theres always that little percentage that take it too far. There are also black people that fly it too

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back