Alright when was that again.....?

This must be a weird case of reality imitating videogames :roflmao:
Or maybe the old 2 and a half D Spectators are finally taking over the world.
They certainly look like they have some unfinished business with the real world peoples..
d3fb7e83e9b2eebc390a0c95de639450-1200-80.jpg

Now: Max?!
10 years ago: for sure different, he wasn’t there. :roflmao:

Conversation is about Hamilton and Vettel. Max has decent quali pace, but he crashed into Ricciardo twice. I kind of agree it would be good if F1 had fairer teams like McLaren throughout the grid and second drivers weren't a thing. Hamilton and Vettel have also been guilty of dirty tactics against their second drivers.

Conversation is about Hamilton and Vettel. Max has decent quali pace, but he crashed into Ricciardo twice. I kind of agree it would be good if F1 had fairer teams like McLaren throughout the grid and second drivers weren't a thing. Hamilton and Vettel have also been guilty of dirty tactics against their second drivers.
I agree on fairer teams, but the points system allows team to maximize one drivers result and that gives them enough for both titles.
As for Max, I know the conversation is about Seb and Lewis. But you wrote "I know who is the FASTEST now" that for me means "of all drivers". That's why I included Max as option. ;)

For the record it is also worth noting that apparently Vettel was offered £9 million to drive for Ferrari for one year.

Now, I know he is a former World Champion and wants more, but that is a lifetime salary to drive for the most legendary manufacturer in motorsport for one year.

I don't think there is anyone on this forum who would turn that down.

I heard a roumour Bernie Eccolsone did this at China.
I have been watching NASCAR and there enclosed events. Its not the same. The fans and cheering are a vital part in any sporting event. And it will be down to the person on the radio to motivate the driver to push. It will feels cold and empty like Spain where they test the cars.

Dose anyone know about a movie called "UPPITY"
This is the story of a driver named Willie T Ribs who tested a Tyrrell in the 80's It is said he had the speed but he did not get the drive. Willie being African American said it was racist as he did not get the seat.
Its all around the rumor mill and i would like to know the real story right from the horses mouth.

I think teams should be like NASCAR. A owner will run 3 or 4 teams and each driver has a crew chief and pit crew independent to them. There is still team work and a buddy system between drivers but at the end of the day you represent 1 team and one car.
If we had 3 car teams this would make politics like this even bigger and make it harder for small teams to survive running a 3rd car. And being out of contention on a 2 car operation because its harder to get good scores with less cars.

in the German Bundesliga (premier league soccer) current 5th Mönchengladbach does this too, fans could send in their image and have a cardboard likeness about 3 times original scale erected at parts of the stadium (behind the goals). players say they like it, sort of "better than nothing".
GettyImages-1219129094.jpg

fans-von-borussia-moenchengladbach-die-ersten-pappkameraden-2076024og.jpg

from the F1 homepage:

A host of European venues are being evaluated as potential hosts of races after the initial eight-race run, including the likes of Ferrari-owned Mugello, Imola, Portimao in Portugal, and Hockenheim, among others.
“There are a number of good European tracks where we could add another one or two races on to make sure we have a comprehensive season," says Brawn. "We’re not going to declare it yet, as it’s still a work in progress.”
With talks still continuing, it remains unclear when the remainder of the calendar will be made public, but the plan is to do so before the season gets under way in Austria.
“What we really want to avoid is announcing and changing it,” says Brawn. “We also need to announce it in enough time so people can make plans. We hope some races in the second half of the season will have spectators, so we need time for ticket sales and promotion to take place.”

full text: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...at-new-tracks-and.6Omi7f7uVrsfNMgqR2jiP7.html

This is beyond stupidity, really...

When the drivers are in the cars racing I doubt they're checking to see how many people in the crowd are wearing the team t-shirt or driver caps with their name/number on them...

I dunno, perhaps for drivers used to the adoration and the cheering it matters, but when you're in a kart race at a wet and soggy Buckmore Park you literally couldn't give a flying one who is there watching or not.
Reason being, usually, that you are concentrating on racing those around you, not who is there watching, they won't help you win.

Surely, this has to be a joke.
Most television viewers are focused on the cars and track surface....not the stands.
Is Trump heading up F1 organizing now?
Who else in heck cares about crowd size?

If that flag was flown as a symbol of pride in ancestry, it'd be one thing.
That doesn't seem to be most of the cases today.
It seems to be flown as an 'in your face...this is our sport...we own it' mindset.
I guess NASCAR wants to appear all-inclusive, hence the ban.

F1 realy has to do something to shrink carbon footprint. The cars are more economic than the road cars. But the amount of equipment in a garage has gone through the roof. When i watched in 1990's garage was empty bar a few tool boxes and a PC. Now we have flat screen monitors lots of PC's and even a screen for VIP to stand behind. Why you want to watch a race from the back of the garage i don't know. At the end of the day cars tools and all that have to be hauled out and that is a big carbon footprint.

Dose anyone know about a movie called "UPPITY"
This is the story of a driver named Willie T Ribs who tested a Tyrrell in the 80's It is said he had the speed but he did not get the drive. Willie being African American said it was racist as he did not get the seat.
Its all around the rumor mill and i would like to know the real story right from the horses mouth.

I watched it on Netflix in the UK, quite a story he told.

F1 realy has to do something to shrink carbon footprint. The cars are more economic than the road cars. But the amount of equipment in a garage has gone through the roof. When i watched in 1990's garage was empty bar a few tool boxes and a PC. Now we have flat screen monitors lots of PC's and even a screen for VIP to stand behind. Why you want to watch a race from the back of the garage i don't know. At the end of the day cars tools and all that have to be hauled out and that is a big carbon footprint.

Who really cares? all that equipment is still brought to the races in the same amount of trucks. If people are more worried about the environment than anything else then they really shouldnt watch motorsport. Bit of a contradiction.

agree, in motor racing fans are quite far away from the action today. in the 70s the difference between fans being there and not would have been far more palpable:
47b9c6fb97b7ed7ba34557a64e8ceabe--the-germans-gp-formula.jpg

you gotta admire how casually they lean on the armco which is on turn just three feet or so from track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back