Alonso Suggests F1 Return Possible in 2020/21

A good driver who won the championship when drove the best car (by far) of the grid
Then he miss a couple of good opportunities to be champion in Ferrari, & dont know why...he becomes in the MOST overrated driver of the past years in the F1

Alonso leaves the F1......ok
no,the best car no

Sainz to McLaren: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sainz-to-race-with-mclaren-in-2019/3159457/

Wonder about their second seat now. Either keep the underperforming Vandoorne or bet on the young Norris.
Beat me to it!
I'm liking the new F1 information. No waiting or messing about. Just tell it how it is as it happens.
Think Sainz will do a good job there. And who knows, maybe McLaren will find their way back up to the sharp end again one day. By that time though Alonso may well be hanging up his boots for good by then.

This. He made a mess at Mclaren back in the day and at Ferrari. Recent interviews with Massa and Horner confirm that he´s difficult to work with. And I wouldnt be surprised if Mclaren picks it up with whoever will replace him/(them?). We´ll never know the details but seems like with all that driving talent comes a lot of pressure and drama wherever he goes. A shame really.
In all fairness how the F would Horner know other than hearsay?

As for the comments about alonso having by far the best car in 2005 and 2006, let's say:

The fastest car in 2005 was the mclaren, at times it had 5 tenths advantage, huge, but the reliability was so bad that with the 8-10 points system it wasn't even a challenge to win with the bulletproof renault, as the statistics show, it was the best car with a certain margin.

In 2006 renault seemed again the best car by far in the first part of the season, but with the mass damper ban ferrari became considerably faster in the 2nd part and despite people saying alonso only won cause of MSC engine problem in suzuka, reliability was evenly matched, I still think renault had a slight performance edge overall but nothing crazy.

In 2010 and 2012 it'd have been legendary to win that title, they certainly weren't wasted occasions, just like 1997 for schumcher.

Overall a great driver, however I have my doubts mclaren, with that customer renault engine, will suddenly become a winning car in the next 2 years.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.8%