All-In Sprints @ Nurburgring GP - Thursday 2nd April 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer-mix.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 / GTC65 / GTC76 (3 x sprint race - 1.TC65 -> 2.GTC65 -> 3.GTC76)
Track: Nurburgring GP
Conditions: 17.00 In-Game Race time (all races will be at this in-game time)
Practice: 18.30 GMT / 19.30 UK / 20.30 Europe (10 mins)
Qualification: 18.45 GMT / 19.45 UK / 20.45 Europe (10 mins)
Race: 18.50 GMT / 19.50 UK / 20.50 Europe (11 laps)
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default Skins only
Note3: These are fun races, not competetive, just race the people around you. Winning is a secondary concern, this event is to have some nice dicing with people around your own pace in various different models.
Note4: With regard to the above Note - No Models Are Banned - but let's try and see a decent spread of models across the grid please.
Note5: There will be prizes - "The Nurbys" - for the best spread of vehicles, the best performance in a slower model, most spectacular crash, longest roof slide, etc.
Note6: People choosing 3 cars from the top of the performance charts in that class will be named and shamed.

@ Marty - OK mate, but my caveat for you here - if you go GT40, you will have an extremely lonely 2nd race. You'll drive away from the rest of us, and you will have a win, but no real racing.

@ Warren - No mate, stay Healey. I deliberately did this one so people could try out their potential league cars. If you're leaning towards the Healey in the league, stay with - it's absolutely no problem. I'm only not driving a possible league car because I've done shagloads of testing with the 5 cars over the last couple of weeks.

All - just a reminder:

Tonight is the first trial run of the Short Prac/Very Short Quali/Longer Race timings.

With the length of Nurb GP, it's effectively Superpole, so don't hang about when setting your Quali time.

• Andrew Evans

whoa! i just noticed the 5 mins qually... that's not long enough to get round in the slowest class, is it? (am sure i was c. 2:40 when trying out a few last night)...

or does gtl wait until everyone crosses the line, unlike evo?

I tested it on a local Dedi, and I always managed to set a time, even though it took >5 mins for outlap & timed. But if people would rather make sure they got at least 1 lap in, we could extend the quali to 10mins and make it a 10 lap race.

I don't want to make the whole evening edge up to 3 hours, I want a hard 45 mins tops per race event.

Thoughts?

• Andrew Evans

tis already a 10 lap race, acc to top post... but an extra 5 mins to q might not hurt... if you can't get at least one hot lap in then ya might as well skip q and have a random grid... (which is also fine btw :D)

ah ha! ninja edited as i type... if ya worried about timings then mebbe steal 5 from prac and give it q....

totally yer call though matage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 54 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 87 58.4%