AC Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 @ Zolder 67, Tue 27th Feb 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'll join since I have been bitching so much about the tires being locked. I hope however this will be the last with the tipo.
Yeah, well we are all different Laurent. Personaly, i like the car, times are quite even and i for one hope it isnt the last time we see the tipo with whatever tyre is used :thumbsup:

Yeah, well we are all different Laurent. Personaly, i like the car, times are quite even and i for one hope it isnt the last time we see the tipo with whatever tyre is used :thumbsup:
The car is easy to drive, that is why it is popular.. I get it but it is just not what I like or feels right compared to other cars. That's also why Ginetta's or Mazda MX5 cars are popular, except their physics are more correct.

If you guys are having fun with this car, don't mind me, I'll find something else to drive. There are enough quality mods available, I don't see why we need to drive a wonky one. That's how I see it.

Last edited:
The car is easy to drive, that is why it is popular.. I get it but it is just not what I like or feels right compared to other cars. That's also why Ginetta's or Mazda MX5 cars are popular, except their physics are more correct.

If you guys are having fun with this car, don't mind me, I'll find something else to drive.
I dont know why you keep saying the physics are not correct. How do you know?
If you look at the real lap times of this car you will see that it and others of the early to mid 70's sport racing cars were very fast indeed and were at times faster than F1 of the time.
Aero does work with the natural shape of the car plus the very small tyres of the time had huge grip levels so i am not so sure it is as unreal as you think.
Also, why would you say " i'll find something else to drive" Surely it is more about a group of like minded guys enjoying what we do and just getting stuck in instead of taking it too seriously as to have to go elswhere to get satisfaction.
I just feel more support is what is needed otherwise it falls apart.
That is not just aimed at you by the way.

Last edited:
Interesting point about the performance of sports car of that era. I just had to look it up :)

Here are the fastest laps/speed from Monza from 1975

F1Sports Car
Monza 75
1:32.24225.585 km/h
Source
1:30.200230.687 km/h
Source

Last edited:
I dont know why you keep saying the physics are not correct. How do you know?
If you look at the real lap times of this car you will see that it and others of the early to mid 70's sport racing cars were very fast indeed and were at times faster than F1 of the time.
Aero does work with the natural shape of the car plus the very small tyres of the time had huge grip levels so i am not so sure it is as unreal as you think.
Also, why would you say " i'll find something else to drive" Surely it is more about a group of like minded guys enjoying what we do and just getting stuck in instead of taking it too seriously as to have to go elswhere to get satisfaction.
I just feel more support is what is needed otherwise it falls apart.
That is not just aimed at you by the way.
First thing is the feel of course. When compared to all the cars I have been driving in AC from that era, I immediately had the feeling it was so much easier to handle it felt wrong. Using the V70 tires feels a lot better already. But you still have that enormous down force.

I had a look at the reviews and as expected, a lot of people like the car since it is so easy to drive and a few call it out. In particular this review which states it almost has twice the down force of the Porsche 936. And the author confirms it and says he is working on a revision of the car to fix it but that was never released.

Last edited:
It's impossible for us to know what is realistic with these old car as none of us have driven one.

As for how fast it is, the alfa was 5 seconds faster at monza than the F1 cars in 1974. so i don't think its speed is that wrong.

For the down force levels, is there any real world data out there to show what it should be? How do you know it wasn't way more than the Porsche at the time?

Last edited:
Thanks for the racing guys. Really enjoy those. Super close grid and a tough track to overtake.

Laurent kindly handicapped himself with the V70 tyre so had some action for a change :)

Well done to Jason for racing with an injury - hope it gets better soon.

I'm away next week so Han is running a rookie event

Thought I was not going to like this car on this track. But I was wrong, still found to many heavy braking zones , but ironically I did not feel handicapped by them.
I have the opinion that it drives like you would expect it to , wide power band and high revs always make a cars easier to drive, especially if you gear it for stability. But it pains me to have to admit that "Laurent" is probably correct about its down force, not to say that it was not a freak of a 1974 car; where the engineer got it spot on with the down force. But that is highly unlikely, just me trying to salvage something from it all.
Tyres I cannot comment on, they are undoubtedly soft and very large, so it is not too much of a stretch to imagine they had a lot of grip, especially take the engines power delivery into account.
But i don't think it affects is viability as a race car.:O_o::unsure:

The car on V70H tires feels like this

tipo-slot-car.jpg

Well that is easy to fix. Block that tyre. I have used the tyre Laurent used to race and i found it only a little slower than the H. I might not of made mistakes last night if i had used a less grippy tyre and not taken it for granted that it would always turn in. I totally agree with Colin. The aim is always to have close racing, rarely is that possible. Here it is.

We need to convince the Wednesday night crowd that they are missing out. Car looks harder to drive than it is. Need to put that out there. Even Ernie is a convert now he has matured as of yesterday :thumbsup:

Wednesday nights is league racing not on RD?

The V70 was about 0.7-1.0 sec slower for me yesterday. But if everyone uses it it doesn't matter by how much slower it is. At least if feels more like it should and more fun to handle as well. There is still way too much down force I think, try to spin the car for instance. With that power on limited grip tires it's still way too easy to keep the car under control.

The only reason I drive this car is circuit based and v70h tyres.
I cannot feel the brake pedal, so memory muscle does not come into it.
That is the main reason I don’t like the RSS and the Agile, I am constantly locking brakes. ( my trail braking curve looks more like box’s stacked on top of each other :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: smooth it ain’t)
And because they both suffer, Agile and RSS from snap oversteer, way too much power, I cannot deal with that either. ( that includes this car with V70 tyres)
So as with our F3 series I will just pick the odd circuit that I can manage.
I would have much preferred the Dallara f3 car, but I know most wanted the RSS.
This is from my perspective only, but I am sure there are lots of folks that want to stay in the race for the length of the race. :unsure:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.