AC Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 @ Fat Alfie's Feldbergring - Tue 26th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm also curious why you're asking that question. If you'd like to suggest another car then I'm happy to see how it drives.

However, the drivers that have stuck with the TT enjoy driving it. The next event is a nice short fast flowing track so it's worth giving it a go. A large grid with this combi would be a lot of fun :)

If we must change things at least make it similar class and age. In an ideal world we would use the Ferrari 312PB from the AC Legends pack but because we must choose mostly from a 10 year old game why not the 917k? Then again we could use the car i have mentioned many times and had no feedback. The Berta Tornado SP is the same class and year. It is a scratch built mod...but there i go again. Maybe someone wants to check it out, naa, i doubt it :speechless:

If we must change things at least make it similar class and age. In an ideal world we would use the Ferrari 312PB from the AC Legends pack but because we must choose mostly from a 10 year old game why not the 917k? Then again we could use the car i have mentioned many times and had no feedback. The Berta Tornado SP is the same class and year. It is a scratch built mod...but there i go again. Maybe someone wants to check it out, naa, i doubt it :speechless:
I have had a look but I'm not sure if we're allowed to use it.

I only have you and me signed up next week so this is all a bit academic. Maybe I should just accept there isn't much interest in this era on OT. Shame as they are so rewarding to drive - and I usually come near the back most races.

TheTipo is excellent, my gripe is personal to me. The bloody brakes are just for me impossible to counter. Another fast car is not going to cure that.
Trying to fix the unfixable by introducing another car is not a winner.
Keep the Tipo and hope that eventually it will get the following it deserves.
Until it gets ABS it will always be a pain in the rear for me.
bit self indulgent after reading it, I was trying to say its difficulty may be the reason others shy away from it. you drive it , you constantly lock up and have multiple off, you loose interest.
We had this with AC "group C", the idea caught a lot of peoples imagination, one test drive or a race and you never saw them again.

Last edited:
I must admit, i do not have a problem with the brakes locking up. I can even stand on them a bit mid corner. Ernie, you always make it turn under braking, you were doing it at riverside mate.

I only have you and me signed up next week so this is all a bit academic. Maybe I should just accept there isn't much interest in this era on OT. Shame as they are so rewarding to drive - and I usually come near the back most races.
Ok, i will try and get in touch with the modder. Ask him to offer it on here. It was a pay mod but i can find it for free now so he might list it. I guess we can use it then.

Just done

Just done an hour race at thomson road with a 60,s Chevron. Had 2 races running at the same time with plenty of entrants so there is a following for classic stuff.

I have to guess, I have no feeling, so sometimes I guess right, mostly, sometimes I guess wrong.
If I am in a ABS car I have a safety net to support me.
I have the brakes set to 70%, so now I have extended braking distance due to insufficient braking, then to add insult to injury I bleeding lock the thing up and miss the corner. :roflmao: :roflmao:

PS poor Allan had that problem with me in the last race, I caught him out a load of times by ridiculous early braking. I really hope he did not think it was on purpose.

Last edited:
I am curious.
Is no one interested in the three Kunos GPC cars, Mazda, Porsche and Mercedes?
Use BoP to event them out. They remain awesome to drive.
Paid mods for the FIA GTs (2000s) by RSS are very drivable

I am curious.
Is no one interested in the three Kunos GPC cars, Mazda, Porsche and Mercedes?
Use BoP to event them out. They remain awesome to drive.
Paid mods for the FIA GTs (2000s) by RSS are very drivable
You must be an exceptional driver if you think the Kunos Group C cars are awesome to drive.
They have to be the hardest cars to drive in the whole game with the minimum traction they have. And yes we do drive RSS mods at times and have had the GTs in a championship.
People all have different ideas of what they prefer of course and the secret is finding combos that most people want to race. Not an easy task i can assure you.
As an example, the combos you have mentioned on here do not appeal to me.
That is not to say fresh ideas are not welcome because they are.
The biggest problem is that there are tight constrictions of what mods we can or cannot use on here.

You must be an exceptional driver if you think the Kunos Group C cars are awesome to drive.
They have to be the hardest cars to drive in the whole game with the minimum traction they have. And yes we do drive RSS mods at times and have had the GTs in a championship.
People all have different ideas of what they prefer of course and the secret is finding combos that most people want to race. Not an easy task i can assure you.
As an example, the combos you have mentioned on here do not appeal to me.
That is not to say fresh ideas are not welcome because they are.
The biggest problem is that there are tight constrictions of what mods we can or cannot use on here.
Interesting points. I am not an exceptional driver few of us are in the true sense of that word.
I am experienced though. Do 2 hours a day on my sim of choice, since I got super serious simmer is 1998 when Papyrus released GPL, spawning the VROC days when Greger Huttu was king and online racing for GPL was very big. Since then have every sim imaginable, AC is my go to these days.
This leads me to the hardest car to drive, if you did GPL back in the day, then nothing is hard to drive these days;-)

I beg to differ about the GPC Kunos cars with the right setup they are beauts, but each to his own as you say.
IMO the RSS 1970 F1, for me is hard to drive on modern mods but do-able.
Retro racing is a hard sell, even on iRacing it is very niche with mostly no drivers on servers with GTO, F1 1967, F1 1979 etc are empty.

I am curious what car/track combos you enjoy. Would like to try them

As for fresh ideas, here's one: Start with the simple Kunos tracks that are suitable for retro cars.
Start from scratch, Silverstone, Monza 1967, Brands, Laguna, Imola, Barcelona Moto, Highlands etc.

Whatever Kunos race cars from the 70s onwards:
1973 - Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 1973 - Porsche Pack #1 DLC
1975 - Ferrari 312T 1975
1978 - Porsche 935 78 Moby Dick - Porsche Pack #1 DLC
1985 - Classic TeamLotus Type 98T
1986 - Porsche 962C Short Tail - Porsche Pack #2 DLC
1987 - Porsche 962C Long Tail - Porsche Pack #2 DLC
1989 - Mercedes C9 - Dream Pack #1 DLC
1991 - Mazda 787B
1992 - BMW M3 E30 DTM
1992 - Mercedes 190 Evo II - Dream Pack #1 DLC
1993 - Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6 93- Dream Pack # 1 DLC
1997 - Mclaren F1 GTR - Dream Pack #1 DLC
1998 - Porsche 911 GT1 - Porsche Pack #2 DLC

Establish which are the favourite cars/tracks and maybe there will be interest, then.
But then I am sure you guys have done your groundwork and have feedback. So this might be presumptuous of me. That's my sixpence.

Screenshot_lancia_lc2_85_ks_brands_hatch_10-9-122-21-46-53.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea