Alfa Romeo GTA vs. Lotus Cortina @ Laguna Seca - Tue 21st August 2012

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Alfa Romeo GTA vs. Lotus Cortina
Track: Laguna Seca ( Download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 13 laps)

Note1: Default skins only. ( Default list ).
Note2: Odd number sign ups = GTA Race1/Cortina Race2, Even number sign ups = vice versa

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito - GTA / Cortina
  2. Roland Warmenhoven - Cortina / GTA
  3. Konstantin Paul - GTA / Cortina
  4. Hans Sneep - Cortina / GTA
  5. Jack Smith - GTA / Cortina
  6. Warren Dawes - Cortina / GTA
  7. Senad Subasic - GTA / Cortina
  8. Simon Bacon - Cortina / GTA
  9. Stuart Thomson - GTA / Cortina
  10. Markus Hakamo - Cortina / GTA
  11. David Cuthill - GTA / Cortina
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Good to be racing again. The "cork-screw??" did me in five times....:rolleyes:. The rest of the track felt good. Both cars were fun to handle and pretty close in matchings, but don't get in the sand like I did because it was like glue. Had fun hounding Roland in Race 1 and he remained rock solid. I lost it at the corkscrew and got stuck. All but one passed me there. Had to wait because I could only back out blind. Then after that I messed up the corkscrew four more times.:sick:

Saw a little of Eck and Warren in race 2. I was a little sloppy in a couple places and they decided not to stay and play with me so I finished all alone.:(

Well done Stew..double podiums, fine event and setup Knut...cheers to all drivers.

I did better in the Alfa, than in my first RDHGP car o_O

Driving in a crowd in race 1. A bit of lag here and there, hopefully not because of me. But was clean and fun.

Something came up in race 2, and I almost missed the start.
Joined at 1 second remaining, phew. I had the 3-2-1 countdown, but people around me were already on their way, and had to go round me.
Was alone most of the time, went off quite a bit, couldn't drive the thing.

Thanks to Knut and Stuart, hope to see you all next week.

A kinda strange couple of races for me, totally inconsistent and all over the place during both of them. I've lost my "consistency" mojo. :D
Great pair of cars to be matched to this track, good stuff Knut. :thumbsup:

Race 1 (Cortina): QP3, even worse than usual start, and back to P7 by exit of turn 1. Down to P11 by the corkscrew. Going well so far. :rolleyes:
Tagged in behind Knut, hoping to follow him through the lively pack in front, but passing here proved quite a challenge, even Knut was struggling to find a way forward. Had a nice scrap with Senad for most of the race as we swapped boo boo's (and also some nice passing moves). Managed to climb as high as P4 by mid race and was catching Hakamo (but still had Senad attached to my rear). With one lap to go, I cocked up the hairpin and put it nose first into the wall. Lucky to limp home P5.

Race 2 (Alfa): QP3 (at least that was consistent ;) ). Had an interesting little scrap with Eck for lap 1, but Stuart outfoxed both of us :thumbsup: . A few laps later, Eck went sand-mining but Roland was now harrassing my tail. Later on, a very slight tap from Roland sent me spinning off at the corkscrew into the sand and against the wall. I then had the exact same problem that Jack had there in Race 1. Hopelessly stuck. Tried for ages without luck, told Roland to drive on, and eventually had to reverse down the hill after I was sure nobody was coming. I then found Roland, still patiently waiting (you silly man :coffee:). Had a few great laps with Jack towards the end, and came home P5 again. Maybe I was more consistent in the results, but how I got there was far from normal. :redface: Still had fun though.

Grats to Stu for the double win, and thanks to Knut for organising. :)

Not such a good race,in the Cortina lost it almost every time in the corkscrew love an hate this corner, if you do it right it is great but...
The Alfa was a bit better for me but to much mistakes put me down to last place,did a few good lap times but only a few:(

Thanks all who where there an Knut for setting it up nice combo !!
Grats Stu for a nice double Tonight !!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies