AIW Library_Open

Misc AIW Library_Open 2023-06-16

Login or Register an account to download this content
Finno Zidjian submitted a new resource:

AIW Library_Open - AIW for Rfactor and others game

Hello everyone!

I'm opening this post so everyone can share their AIW. At first, through brief discussions, I thought of a different template for this AIW library, but I think I was traveling too far and gladly accepted the suggestion of MJQT, who presented me with this forum: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/track-aiws.64102/ which I recognize to be a simpler way to transition our AIW. Please feel...

Read more about this resource...

I'm not sure to be in the good post but, do you have any way to make Diepholz usable with AI ? The two chicanes make bad...

I'm not sure to be in the good post but, do you have any way to make Diepholz usable with AI ? The two chicanes make bad...
Hi!

I don't know the circuit, but I downloaded it here at RD to get to know it and saw that there are three versions for the dry track (84-87, 88-91 and 92-96) and the same versions for wet tracks (I've never worked AIW for wet tracks...) ... I ask: 1. Do they all have the same layout or are they different layouts? 2. If they're the same stroke, ok, but if they're not, is there a version you prefer so I can focus on a single job?

Hi!

Well... I took a look at a few things...

Actually, the layouts of the three versions are different (in the loading presentations I could see these differences and in the description of the track itself here in RD this is shown, I hadn't seen it...) but, honestly, that wouldn't be relevant anymore... What I have been able to observe is that this is a project destined to always have problems; See: in a way, the driving line is reasonable, yes, the cars in front don't invade the tire stacks in the chicanes so much, as well as even enter the cones of the two corners at the ends of the circuit, but these corners this would not be a problem, because it is easy to solve, the problem is the design of the chicanes, That is, the tire stacks are very close to each other... And the biggest problem is that when cars drive close to each other, they always look for another line in order to avoid collisions with each other or try to overtake and, as much as I could limit the actions of this search for this other line, that would not be enough and some or another car will always continue to invade the tire stacks... invading or traversing because the stacks and cones are not collidable (CollTarget=False HATTarget=False), if they were colliding (CollTarget=True HATTarget=False) and were not mobile, probably your race would end without AI alive... And if they were movable, there would be no more markings to make the chicanes because the objects would be removed round by turn... In other words, the project for a safe race was not well put together... probably the FIA wouldn't approve such a circuit...

Now, with the program I use for AIW programs ( guitarmaen 4.22) I wouldn't have a chance to try something with such small spaces, because in this program there is no way to visualize the objects of the circuit and there is a need to see these objects because the passages in the chicanes require a lot of precision. I have a friend who has another AIW program who might be interested in trying something. This program only loads on win7 and I use win10, so only it could try something itself. But remembering that the problem described above, of AI looking for other lines, will certainly remain... The circuit design is very optimistic about promoting a good schedule for a good offline race...

Well, as another suggestion, I say that a good way to solve the problem is to rethink the physical position of the objects (holographic? Since they are transferable...), that is, moving the tire stacks to areas that allow the AIs to search for these other lines without invading these tires... This can be done in 3dsimed.

Oh yes, as for where to expose your needs, I opened this post precisely for that, but it seems that no one has problems with AIW like the many I've had and now you have... It would even be interesting to know how the other 292 players who downloaded this circuit solved this problem because so far no one has ever complained about anything... very strange ! I, personally, would never play on this circuit like that; I find it aesthetically disgusting to say to see cars passing through "holographic" objects.

I am available for whatever your decision is: I am looking for a friend or I can help in the replacement of the objects, you decide.

Hugs

I of course thought about moving the tire stacks aside, unfortunately, I am not familiar with these manipulations. I would be delighted if you could do this for me for dry track versions, thank you

Last edited:
I of course thought about moving the tire stacks aside, unfortunately, I am not familiar with these manipulations. I would be delighted if you could do this for me for dry track versions, thank you
Hi!

Unfortunately, even the tire shifts weren't enough... they are too wide and the AIs, still insisting on the search for external or internal lines, always ended up penetrating the barriers. Well, I've found a solution and I'm sending the files, privately because I don't want to break RD rules (if someone is interested in knowing the work they can ask me or even you and it will always be sent privately). Please back up GDB files (schedule for night light only... the effects I created won't be good for the day), CAM (I improved the quality of the cameras), AIW (I only made small adjustments, mainly to improve the accidents at the start, but they still happen and I find it hard to end it...) and SCN (I removed several tires and set up my equipment) and put the ones I'm sending as well as the GMT and DDS, these you know, put them open even inside the DiepholzDTM84-87 folder (I only worked on that version... If you like the work I can continue the task in the other versions; I, personally, don't really like versions... I like to work on a version for each circuit and the one I've put together is enough for me, but everyone has their own way of playing and I respect that.

It's clearly an online track, there is a lot of violence with AI on it.
I have good result with your upgrade and another arrangement in the PLR: Auto Line Smooth = "1"
I don't know if it's possible to include PLR Options in track file.

It's clearly an online track, there is a lot of violence with AI on it.
I have good result with your upgrade and another arrangement in the PLR: Auto Line Smooth = "1"
I don't know if it's possible to include PLR Options in track file.
Hi, Steu!

Yes, you have now precisely defined what work is: a track designed to work online, perfect! Many modelers don't even have this concern in putting together a complete work, where you can play with quality on and offline, for this reason many AIW appear poorly programmed on several tracks and in some cases, like this one, the project is so focused on online racing that it simply offers great difficulty to make a programming for the AI.

What I do know is that the reality of RF, today, requires quite the opposite: that projects be set up thinking much more about offline AI than simply offering a circuit with difficulties for online drivers, since most players are off and need good AIW to be able to race against competitive AI; That's my quest. That's why I insist so much on talking about this subject...

Well, anyway, I'm still working on this circuit, because I talked to my friend about the problem and showed him the work I did that I sent you and he still found it difficult to visualize the lights I put in the places of the tires... Did you encounter the same difficulty or was it clear to you? Anyway, given what he told me, I'm thinking about improving the look of these lights...

This friend is willing to try to improve the AIW, but is waiting for your answer about if what I sent you is good for you or if you prefer to try something still with the AIW in order to maintain the tires... What do you say?

As for the PLR command being applied to an individual track... I don't know exactly, but you can try putting that command line in either GDB or AIW of the track you want to change and try something out of it.

Last edited:
PLR command line work fine in GDB.
For AI, just the two first corner after start could be improved (having another start line?) and no problem with blue lights for me, it's functional.

Last edited:
PLR command line work fine in GDB.
For AI, just the two first corner after start could be improved (having another start line?) and no problem with blue lights for me, it's functional.
Hi!

OK; For me also the blue lights have solved it, but as this friend is still having trouble visualizing them, I'm still trying something...

Yes, I still think the first corner deserves more attention; Since this is something I can do, regardless of the program, as soon as I have something better, I'll pass it on... Although it would be important to know that everything I program in AIW is based on the mod I play, F1, where the cars have more stability and grip, and not always an AIW works well in another mod... But I'm going to do something about it and send it to you.

Hi!

OK; For me also the blue lights have solved it, but as this friend is still having trouble visualizing them, I'm still trying something...

Yes, I still think the first corner deserves more attention; Since this is something I can do, regardless of the program, as soon as I have something better, I'll pass it on... Although it would be important to know that everything I program in AIW is based on the mod I play, F1, where the cars have more stability and grip, and not always an AIW works well in another mod... But I'm going to do something about it and send it to you.
Try this: --- deleted link

Last edited:
This last ".aiw" work perfect with DRM

Hi!

Hi! So... I'm glad this latest AIW has solved that for you as well as improved it a lot for me as well; No serious accidents at the start! I'm sending you some materials that help more in the visualization, both of the chicanes, and of some points that I considered important to accentuate, especially in the extreme corners of the circuit. If you approve, I can then move on to the other versions with the working version based on version 84-87, if you still want, ok?!
Note: sorry, I edited it above because I had written it in Portuguese...

Last edited:
Oi!

Então... Estou feliz que este último AIW tenha resolvido isso para você, bem como melhorado muito para mim também; Sem acidentes graves no início!

Estou enviando alguns materiais que ajudam mais na visualização, tanto das chicanes, quanto de alguns pontos que considerei importante acentuar, principalmente nos cantos extremos do circuito.

Se você aprovar, eu posso então passar para as outras versões com o trabalho baseado na versão 84-87, se você ainda quiser, ok?!
Hi, I use essentially 84 version but I'm ok to test other versions for you and community, with pleasure

I think the slowdown was already there but I hadn't noticed it until then. I didn't know that the tires had to stay solid, I now understand the benefit of the blue lights. Thank you for all this work, very nice improvement in all cases.

Je pense que le ralentissement existait déjà mais je ne l'avais pas remarqué jusque-là.
Je ne savais pas que les pneus devaient rester solide, je comprends maintenant l'intérêt des lumières bleu.
Merci pour tout ce travail, très belle amélioration dans tout les cas :thumbsup:

Hi!

In fact, as I was focused on solving the aesthetics of the chicanes and saw more serious problems in the two corners, especially the first one, I ended up not noticing this certain slowness in the first chicane, sorry about that. Really, the slowness didn't if it was done because I hadn't changed any of the chicanes, it was always there; try that AIW.

deleted link

Last edited:
To sailors...

To answer Monsieur Steu who requested another programming in the AIW of the Diepholz circuit (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/diepholz.53981/), I had to make some small changes of objects on the circuit in order to provide a more realistic aesthetic in the setting. I processed the files in private mode because I was recently alerted that posting files from another server here on the post is against RD rules... I even made a few slip-ups in posting some AIW files (which I'm removing) on an experimental basis here.

Well, we've finished work on version 84-87 and this update is ready for others who wish to try it out as well. For me it doesn't make sense to open a new post just to present this small work and not having a specific space for us to post AIW – and I don't even want to touch on this worn-out subject anymore – I leave here the offer that, whoever wants to know this work, look for me in private mode and, doing so, I will send you the link with this update.

In time, I have no interest in working the AIW on the other versions of the circuit, not even for dry tracks and much less for wet ones, so the version I am making available is for Diepholz84-87 and nothing else.

And still in time, if you have any AIW of any circuit that is having problems and are interested in improving it , feel free to request it by posting your request here; I will give my maximum within my limit, for sure. There are many AIW programmers more capable than me and everyone is welcome to help in whatever way they can help the post is free!

Thank you

Last edited:
I will come back to you for other AI to retouch but for the moment thank you for this excellent work, I am very grateful for your efforts and the result is perfect.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.