AI Pit Stops take a long and random amount of time?

Hi all!

I've been using rFactor 1/Automobilista 1 for years for my AI Sim Racing. Running into a problem with Assetto though.

The AI is pitting at just about the right time. But their pit stop lengths are all wrong. I'll come in in 15th and be leading by a mile afterwards. The driver who was winning will exit the pits at the back. Guys at the back will exit in the lead.

It's like just hitting the random button on the entire field.

I've turned off damage to make sure the AI wasn't just repairing varying levels of damage. Then I went to the car.ini file and set the repair values to 0, so even if they were, it shouldn't have taken any time.

Any ideas? Or should I just run AI races without pit stops?

Thanks!

I have almost the same problem, the same cars under AI control spend different times on pit stops, from ~5 to 30 seconds. Fuel consumption x1, i disabled tire damage and wear, which means that, apart from refueling, they should not do anything, why then it takes different random times. is this a bug?

So, I deleted this section from the car.ini folder

[PIT_STOP]
TIRE_CHANGE_TIME_SEC=10 ; time spent to change each tire
FUEL_LITER_TIME_SEC=0.2 ; time spent to put 1 lt of fuel inside the car
BODY_REPAIR_TIME_SEC=20 ; time spent to repair 10% of body damage
ENGINE_REPAIR_TIME_SEC=2 ; time spent to repair 10% of engine damage
SUSP_REPAIR_TIME_SEC=30 ; time spent to repair 10% of suspension damage

But this did not affect the behavior of the AI, it still spends the time it wants on pit stops.

I have the exact same problem but the other way around. The AI stops are much faster than mine.Since nearly one year I tried to find an answer to that. I tried to change the pit stop parameters but it didn't make a difference. It seems that it plagues some players while others don't seem to have this issue.

Last edited:
I am looking for a solution to that same problem, but I see one thing, that lengthens the AI pits stops. They seem to stay in their box, if there is someone already in the pit lane, so if some car are in the box, they will stay there until everyone drives past them. AI seem to do this to not have unsafe releases, but this kills their race. A solution should be to just tell the AI to ignore the cars in the pit lane, but I am no programmer to solve that.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.