Apps AI Pit Stop App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuzzi submitted a new resource:

AI Pit Stop App - Simple App to make the Ai do a pit stop in race.

This app allows you to define a 1 stop pit strategy for the AI to use in your races!

This app allowed you to customize the following:
  • Set the AI's starting tyre compound.
  • Set which lap the AI pit on.
  • Finally set what tyres they put on in the pits.

Requires:
  • Custom Shaders Patch Version v0.2.0

Read more about this resource...

Thank you very much, i can't wait to use :)

It is possible to add a range of laps where AI will pit, like 15 to 45 and only one pit ina race of 60 laps?

Super Thanks

Thank you very much, i can't wait to use :)

It is possible to add a range of laps where AI will pit, like 15 to 45 and only one pit ina race of 60 laps?

Super Thanks
Hi,
Yes, you can edit line 48 in the Nuzzis_Pit_App.lua to set the range of potential AI pit lap to a lower and upper bounding that you want. Using your example, you can change the following so they pit once in the race on a lap in-between 15 and 45:
Original:
1707994415851.png

Pit no sooner than lap 15 and no later then 45:
1707994447217.png

(Don't forget to make sure aiUniqueStrategies is set to true at the top of the file.)

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes, you can edit line 48 in the Nuzzis_Pit_App.lua to set the range of potential AI pit lap to a lower and upper bounding that you want. Using your example, you can change the following so they pit once in the race on a lap in-between 15 and 45:
Original:
View attachment 729911
Pit no sooner than lap 15 and no later then 45:
View attachment 729912

(Don't forget to make sure aiUniqueStrategies is set to true at the top of the file.)
american-psycho-patrick-bateman.gif

Thanks Mate i love it!

Thanks Mate!

That's a real game changer for me. Now the Race are really more real.
ThankYou Very much.
i Tested on 4 Races everthings superclean and super smooth with multilple class and cars.
So my Feedback Report:
- 1 Race two different cars dosent' pit, BMW URD and Ferrari CLM. (But the sister yes)
- It is important to set right tyres mixer before start because a lots of cars had different compound, and if you don't match right, somebody start with WET.

For the rest

AMAZING

This is such a great idea for a mod - One question before I install -

Do I have to do a single race or will it work over a race weekend? I like to Qualify and race all in one - PURE to my knowledge is raceday only thing - which is why I use a very old version of it!

This is such a great idea for a mod - One question before I install -

Do I have to do a single race or will it work over a race weekend? I like to Qualify and race all in one - PURE to my knowledge is raceday only thing - which is why I use a very old version of it!
Hi, the app is set up to automatically be disabled in all sessions apart from races. So if you do a race weekend and it will just affect the race session. Should you just to do race session directly, the app will also work no problem.

Thanks for the amazing job! this app is game changer.

It is possible to randomize the AiStartTyreCompoundIndex in way to make every single AI car start with diferent compound?
Yeah, it's completely possible!
It would require some thought as to: adding the logic, adding the user options & how it would affect the rest of the strategy. So I will have to consider it for a future version.

Nuzzi updated AI Pit Stop App with a new update entry:

Alternate Version created (info below.)

Alternate Version Info:
I have produced an alternate version of this app, found at:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alternate-pit-app.67102/
This version resolves the AI spending too long in the pit boxes, but visually they won't turn into the box. (It's better for those who want better competition with the AI. Go to the link above for more info.)

Read the rest of this update entry...

AI not leaving pit box bug fixed!

This version fixes the bug where AI would not leave their pit box as soon as the tyres were changed. Some would sit for approximately 20 seconds for no reason, ruining the competitiveness of the race.

This version completely overhauls the AI's behaviour in the pit, so now they have an expected tyre change time with a bit of randomness to simulate a quick or slow stop!

I've made some offline races and notice that in last version, even though cars turn to pit and change tyres, the game does not count as a real pit stop and damage is not adjusted to zero. There's a way to fix this?

I've made some offline races and notice that in last version, even though cars turn to pit and change tyres, the game does not count as a real pit stop and damage is not adjusted to zero. There's a way to fix this?
Hi,
Since I'm manually controlling the AI in the pit lane, they don't actually use their original pit boxes, thus don't repair damage. That said, I'll look into making them repair damage whilst they are putting the tyres on, with an added time to fix. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1.6 - Handle AI Fixing front and rear damage

What's New:
- The user can now define how long is to be added to an AI pit stop for them to repair front and rear wing/bodywork damage. This is done through two new user variables at the top of the Nuzzis_Pit_App.lua file.
- If the AI has substantial damage (more than 5) to either front or rear wing/bodywork, they will fix it at their tyre stop. If it's not substantial, they will just change tyres.

Hey Nuzzi! Love this mod, currently using it for sim races and works really a well.
A couple of possible considerations for the future -
1. Multiple pit stops. This would be great for longer endurance races.
2. Different tire strategies eg -
Strat 1. start on softs, change to softs, change to mediums
Strat 2. start on softs, change to hards
Strat 3. start on hards, change to mediums

Startegys would be randomly assinged accross the field
3. a larger variation betwen when drivers pit other than 1 lap difference.

Again awesome work, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play