AI Lights Shining in cockpit (Lag)

Hi all,

When I race at night, the AI's lights would shine in my cockpit and make my game lag A LOT, to the point where I can't drive without crashing. Is there a way to reduce the lag? For example, preventing the AI's light in your cockpit or something?

Edit the following values on your .PLR userdata file

Max Headlights="3" // Max headlights visible relative to your car.
Headlights On Cars="0" // Headlights illuminate other cars.
Shadows In TV Cockpit="0" // Disable/enable shadows on cockpit

Explanation:

Max Headlights: Limits the number of proyector lights used by cars, saving a lot GPU Usage
Headlights on Cars: Enables/Disables proyector Headlights being affected to other cars (Saving GPU Usage)
Shadows In TV Cockpit: Enables/Disables shadows on cockpit.

Also to prevent crashing, play as windowed mode.

IF you want fullscreen-like experience, use Borderless Gaming to play as borderless windowed (it's fullscreen but not at all). Also helps you to alt+tab safe.

and use +fullproc -highprio on your rFactor shortcut properties, at the end of "Target" after "" and space.

There is also a small app that makes your old game use more than one core of the CPU. I think from memory it is called Bill's process manager. It's in the French language I think and is a fun puzzle to work out how to use it. However, it makes a big difference and is worth the time to get running.

There is also a small app that makes your old game use more than one core of the CPU. I think from memory it is called Bill's process manager. It's in the French language I think and is a fun puzzle to work out how to use it. However, it makes a big difference and is worth the time to get running.
Yeah that's a similar method I was using with process lasso. has the same procedure as Bill's process manager. But it was a kinda heavy program due being advanced as a task manager. Probably Bill's is the best option if you want to use that core assignment.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 58.8%