Resource icon

Misc AI for Monaco 1966 v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
kevink63 submitted a new resource:

AI for Monaco 1966 - New ai fast lane, pit lane, and side lines

Reworked ai with sidelines and pit lanes. Tested at 100% strength and aggression with GPL 1967, and various ACL/TCL mods. I don't anticipate it working well with more modern, stiffer, and lower cars.

Sorry I don't have link to track. Always back up original files before installing. Thanks again to @Kevin Troschinski for asking me to look at the track.

Have fun

Read more about this resource...

This is great, now I can finally have some decent racing at this track.

There's one problem though, AI cars still seem to slow down a bit too early when coming to the Gasometer hairpin. Although I noticed even for myself can be hard to brake in time for this dangerous hairpin, coming at full speed from Tabac. I'm using a pack of F1 cars from 1958 (not of the greatest quality).

I think it gets down to the ai of the car itself. The track ai really only shows the car the direction it needs to go, and throttle and brake inputs are dictated by the car's ai. Throttle and brake inputs are recorded into the track ai, but I think the cars only use this for fuel calculation for races.

One can install hints to help out some cars, but then this will affect other cars in a possibly negative way. With so many mod cars out there it's really impossible to make a track ai that works for all. As mentioned in the description, I focused on the 1967 GPL F1 and TCL mods only. Other cars may work on the track okay as well, but not all, unfortunately.

Having said that, if you open up the car's data.acd (in developer mode, and as long as car is not encrypted), you can play with brake hints numbers in the ai.ini folder in the upacked data folder, to see if you can get the desired results. Higher numbers will mean less braking. But this requires a lot of tweaking and testing.

Last edited:
I already tried with the AI in higher strength and aggressiveness percentages and the AI drivers behave much better in those cars, including at the Gasometer hairpin.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.