AI always crashes at Cote D`Azur

Not much to say, the AI is very stupid at some corners of the track (tunnel, nouvelle chicane...) and its quite annoying...I already lowered the aggressive level to 50 but it doesnt change...anyone with the same problem?

some users reported that fairly soon after the release. Which cars are you running? I believe the AIW was created with winged open wheelers so if you are running the GT3 or GTE cars, they may not have enough downforce to match the trajectory. Can't solve it, but you are not alone.

Well, it doesnt work for me.
To be blunt, you've done something wrong. Let's try and get you doing it right.

1) Stick to just the type 2 learning for now. Close rFactor 2. Find the Autocalibrate line in your player.JSON and make it read:
  • "Autocalibrate AI Mode":2,
2) Launch rFactor 2. Select the track, select the car.

3) You only need Practice & Qualify sessions. If you're using the new Beta UI, you're on your own at this point as the new Beta UI is far from ready.
1579280194853.png

4) Click on SESSION SETTINGS (the cloud icon) and set the following conditions:
  • Weather is set to Sunny or Overcast, as long as there's no Rain at all in the PRACTICE session.
1579281459547.png

• Set the PRACTICE session time to 1440 minutes.
1579281662330.png

• RealRoad can be anything, but I prefer something other than Green. I also prefer Static timescale for RealRoad when training AI.
  • Turn OFF Tire, Fuel and Mechanical Failures.
  • Set the Strength to 100% and Aggression to 50% and AI Limiter to 0%.
1579281991979.png

• Count the number of possible AI opponents and subtract one (yourself). Use that number in the AI drivers (but careful that you don't exceed the number of pit stalls). In my example, there are 27 Spec Miatas - myself = 26, but the track has only 26 pit stalls, so I enter 25 AI Drivers. Circuit d'Azur has 39 pit stalls, so maximum AI drivers would be 38.
1579282483014.png

4) Now we're ready to load the track and begin training! There is no chat message with type 2 AI training like there is with type 1 AI training. Once the track loads, use time acceleration (Ctrl-X). Go have sex or eat or watch TV...

5) Once the AI have done a couple hundred laps, click NEXT SESSION. This is sooo important and where most people fail to complete the training. If you fail to click NEXT SESSION, the WIS (wisdom) files will not be written to disk.

6) You can exit the track now. Verify that the WIS files have been created. WIS files can be copied to the same model/spec of car (e.g. all GT3 Bentleys, but not between GT3 Bentleys and GT3 Aston Martins) which is useful if you couldn't train them all in one session. There's no requirement to have all the cars in a race trained or even trained to the same level, which is useful if you want a few AI to be significantly better/worse than most of the field.

Attachments

• 1579281578482.png
    1579281578482.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 188
To be blunt, you've done something wrong. Let's try and get you doing it right.

1) Stick to just the type 2 learning for now. Close rFactor 2. Find the Autocalibrate line in your player.JSON and make it read:
  • "Autocalibrate AI Mode":2,
2) Launch rFactor 2. Select the track, select the car.

3) You only need Practice & Qualify sessions. If you're using the new Beta UI, you're on your own at this point as the new Beta UI is far from ready.
View attachment 344331

4) Click on SESSION SETTINGS (the cloud icon) and set the following conditions:
  • Weather is set to Sunny or Overcast, as long as there's no Rain at all in the PRACTICE session.
View attachment 344333
  • Set the PRACTICE session time to 1440 minutes.
View attachment 344335
  • RealRoad can be anything, but I prefer something other than Green. I also prefer Static timescale for RealRoad when training AI.
  • Turn OFF Tire, Fuel and Mechanical Failures.
  • Set the Strength to 100% and Aggression to 50% and AI Limiter to 0%.
View attachment 344336
  • Count the number of possible AI opponents and subtract one (yourself). Use that number in the AI drivers (but careful that you don't exceed the number of pit stalls). In my example, there are 27 Spec Miatas - myself = 26, but the track has only 26 pit stalls, so I enter 25 AI Drivers. Circuit d'Azur has 39 pit stalls, so maximum AI drivers would be 38.
View attachment 344337

4) Now we're ready to load the track and begin training! There is no chat message with type 2 AI training like there is with type 1 AI training. Once the track loads, use time acceleration (Ctrl-X). Go have sex or eat or watch TV...

5) Once the AI have done a couple hundred laps, click NEXT SESSION. This is sooo important and where most people fail to complete the training. If you fail to click NEXT SESSION, the WIS (wisdom) files will not be written to disk.

6) You can exit the track now. Verify that the WIS files have been created. WIS files can be copied to the same model/spec of car (e.g. all GT3 Bentleys, but not between GT3 Bentleys and GT3 Aston Martins) which is useful if you couldn't train them all in one session. There's no requirement to have all the cars in a race trained or even trained to the same level, which is useful if you want a few AI to be significantly better/worse than most of the field.

First of all thank you very much, very kind of you, it worked now :) I think i always had one AI car too much. But i have some questions: Where is the new WIS file saved? In the track or in the car folder i used?
And i am not sure if I can use the same file for the same class (so i can use the one I created with a GT3 car for all GT3 cars and maybe even GTE as they behave quite similar) or can i use this file only for the car I let the AI train with?
And also what happens when i now drive in the rain? will the AI be all over the place as they dont know how to drive now?

Where is the new WIS file saved? In the track or in the car folder i used?
In the car folder.

And i am not sure if I can use the same file for the same class (so i can use the one I created with a GT3 car for all GT3 cars and maybe even GTE as they behave quite similar) or can i use this file only for the car I let the AI train with?
Just the same GT3 car, not all GT3 cars. The wisdom file contains instructions for when & how much to brake/accelerate and other cars differ in their dynamic handling because they have different center of gravity, aerodynamics, etc.

And also what happens when i now drive in the rain?
I have not experimented with that end, so you should tell us!

In the car folder.

Just the same GT3 car, not all GT3 cars. The wisdom file contains instructions for when & how much to brake/accelerate and other cars differ in their dynamic handling because they have different center of gravity, aerodynamics, etc.

I have not experimented with that end, so you should tell us!

Ok. Again thank you very much for your help, i will test it with rain soon!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.