AhautNeck NeckFX config

Misc AhautNeck NeckFX config 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ahaut submitted a new resource:

AhautNeck - Balanced NeckFX for all cars

This is a custom NeckFX configuration file. You will need to have Custom Shaders Patch and Content Manager already installed.

These are my personal settings after spending a long time tinkering. With these settings:
  • small bumps in the road surface will be made apparent, but your eye view of the road will stay still - just like in real life
  • larger bumps will shake your eye view
  • G-forces of acceleration, braking and gear changes will be communicated. You will be pushed...

Read more about this resource...

Installed it, try it lost about 50 fps everything looked and ran awful. when I exit the race ther new exit menu came up. I realised all my CSP settings also changed too. once reloaded my saved settings and I copied just the Neck FX settings from your settings everything was back to normal, and your NeckFX are really GOOD! I've played with Neck FX for the past 2 years never got it tune in like this. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, Sorry for the stupid question, but exactly where do I put the file ?
The easiest way is to have your Content Manager window open, download the config, and drag the .ini file into Content Manager.
The actual file is stored under:
%localappdata%\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets\Loaded

%localappdata% is a Windows shortcut for the directory
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local.

just drag and drop it in CM,...but how do i unistall it ?
To uninstall, you can simply delete the config file from the directory above. Or you can reset all the red-highlighted settings in Content Manager to default by right-clicking on them and clicking Reset. There is also a button at the bottom of NeckFX settings that will reset the entire page.
Or you can choose another preset from the dropdown selection menu at the bottom in Content Manager.
1672875268772.png

Installed it, try it lost about 50 fps everything looked and ran awful. when I exit the race ther new exit menu came up. I realised all my CSP settings also changed too. once reloaded my saved settings and I copied just the Neck FX settings from your settings everything was back to normal, and your NeckFX are really GOOD! I've played with Neck FX for the past 2 years never got it tune in like this. Thanks
Beware, dragging and dropping this into CM will result in *all* CSP settings to be replaced, not just Neck FX.
please upload a version that only changes the neckFX settings, thanks.
Thanks for letting me know everyone, I've updated the download so that only NeckFX settings will be affected. Sorry for the silly mistake!

I've set 'Look to Apex' at 5%, and lowered 'Steering' to 30% - now it's perfect for my taste. Thanks for this!
Glad you found just the right settings to suit you :)

so i guess there is no way for me to reset all those changes your file made since i've already quit CM so i guess now i wont be able to reload it. I know you did it by mistake and it was not intentional but man... there is two million of settings there is no way in hell i will ever get it back to normal. My mistake i didnt back up everything...

would you mind sharing your preset file, I done the same thing and I didnt have a default rollback.

I'm looking for the default settings preset if anyone has it. I lost fps and everything feels janky. My settings were close to default. IT would be very much appreciated.. Or a way to reset it altogether.

Last edited:
so i guess there is no way for me to reset all those changes your file made since i've already quit CM so i guess now i wont be able to reload it. I know you did it by mistake and it was not intentional but man... there is two million of settings there is no way in hell i will ever get it back to normal. My mistake i didnt back up everything...
would you mind sharing your preset file, I done the same thing and I didnt have a default rollback.
I've done a bit of testing and think I've found where/how Content Manager stores temporary settings. I'm assuming you didn't have your other settings saved in a preset @Molda222 @Mr2it3881.
The temporary/unsaved settings are stored under
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
There is an .ini file for each extension (eg one for NeckFX, one for ExtraFX, etc).

Try using System Restore and see if you have a recent backup that includes a previous version of that folder that you can go back to. Instructions here.
I also use a program called ShadowCopyView which I find tends to give me a lot more timepoints to restore to and allows me to restore whatever files/folders I want (instead of going back completely to a previous restore point).

I'm looking for the default settings preset if anyone has it. I lost fps and everything feels janky. My settings were close to default. IT would be very much appreciated.. Or a way to reset it altogether.
There are a few ways to totally go back to default settings:
  1. Use the Reset button at the bottom of each extension
  2. You might also have a preset called "Restore Defaults" which you can select in the preset selection dropdown menu. That should restore everything back to default.
  3. Delete all the .ini files under
    C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
    Each .ini file in that folder stores settings of the corresponding extension that have been edited from default.

Last edited:
Hello All, Hoping someong can help.
With Neck Fx I can look around but as soon as I take my finger off the right mouse button the camera snaps back to center...Is there any way to have the camera "stay put" after moving it?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.