Advice on Mods/Tracks for GTR2?

Hi Guys,

As a recent purchaser of GTR2 (in the Steam sales :D), I would like some advice on which are the best mods and tracks out there for GTR2. My rFactor and RACE07 installations are full of all sorts of junk, some of which is not so well executed and most of which I do not use... and with a relatively low download limit, I would like some help on selecting mods :D

Power and Glory is one mod I will definitely download, but after that I'm lost as to what content is/isn't good :)

FM96

Great, thanks @Remik and @Hotpup. I'll check them out. :)

I also just got DTM 2013 and it's great. Still familiarizing myself with the technicalities as I've never done races before, except F1. :)

And I also found Champcar Lola (2005-2006 v1.0 and 2004-2007 v1.1) but kept crashing, then I found it needed 20 tracks not part of the mod but I couldn't find where to DL those tracks, only found a few though.

Last edited:
@sherpa25 If you havent driven GT cars before, you will find them a bit slow to react and you need to brake much earlier etc. They also turn in much slower. The secret is practice, practice and more practice. Try not to do a full championship. Some of the tracks are buggy. ( You racing offline I suppose?). Rather do a race weekend one at a time. That way, you can choose any tracks you like.
If you want to try online, being new, you want to drive in a league where some of the drivers are more or less at your level of skill so you have someone to race with and dont always come last.
These guys have drivers of ALL skill levels and do some great racing:

http://shadowracing.proboards.com/

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes