Advice from Buttkicker aficionados please

Hi,
I have done a search for this question, with some close answers, but I would appreciate complete clarity from someone familiar with using Buttkicker.
I'm about to buy BK Gamer 2 to be used via Simhub, and I want to be clear on what I need in terms of connections.
I currently have Surround Sound system connected to the audio jack ports on the PC and my headphones/mic connected to the appropriate ports on the front of the pc case.
I am assuming therefore that I need to use an additional sound card (usb external) for the Buttkicker?
I would be very grateful if someone in the know could confirm if I do need an extra card (or am looking at this the wrong way), and if so perhaps what spec/cost of card I would need as a minimum.
Many thanks

Hi,
I have done a search for this question, with some close answers, but I would appreciate complete clarity from someone familiar with using Buttkicker.
I'm about to buy BK Gamer 2 to be used via Simhub, and I want to be clear on what I need in terms of connections.
I currently have Surround Sound system connected to the audio jack ports on the PC and my headphones/mic connected to the appropriate ports on the front of the pc case.
I am assuming therefore that I need to use an additional sound card (usb external) for the Buttkicker?
I would be very grateful if someone in the know could confirm if I do need an extra card (or am looking at this the wrong way), and if so perhaps what spec/cost of card I would need as a minimum.
Many thanks
You have a couple of options.

1. use a splitter on your headphone output could be one.
2. Use a headphone socket on your monitor (This is what I originally used), see linked video below.
3. Install a stand alone sound card, an external USB card is more than capable.
1643597397354.png

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1066209

I also use an inexpensive external USB sound card for my Gamer2 and it does the job very well.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 401 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 254 43.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 271 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.9%
Back