General Adding function mirrors

Hello, looking for a bit of help if possible. There is a car that I downloaded and while the model is very nice other things needed a bit of work. I have made progress with the physics but noticed that the mirrors don't work though they do have a nice image of a none moving sky.

The only entry in the mirror ini is this :-
[MIRROR_0]
NAME=BODY_SUB4

I should imagine that there should be an entry for both mirrors.
It may just be that the car was never modelled with the intension of having working mirrors in which case I'll just live with it and use the virtual mirror.

Many thanks

Content Manager showroom should make it easy to right click the mirrors and find out what the object name is, it'll also highlight if they're part of a bigger object. If they're separate parts they all need a similar entry in mirrors.ini. If it's part of a bigger object then you'd need to edit the mesh to correct it, mirrors.ini can only set entire objects to behave as mirrors.

Content Manager showroom should make it easy to right click the mirrors and find out what the object name is, it'll also highlight if they're part of a bigger object. If they're separate parts they all need a similar entry in mirrors.ini. If it's part of a bigger object then you'd need to edit the mesh to correct it, mirrors.ini can only set entire objects to behave as mirrors.
Thanks for your reply, I did as you suggested within the best of my understanding and as far as I can see the mirrors are part of the main body but has a different material name. Also both mirrors are on the same mapping so this seems to be beyond my ability fix.

Probably your best bet is using Custom Shader Patch mirrors then, you can definitely correct mapping issues as long as the object is named.

Also as long as it is a separate material, it's fine if the object name is BODY_SUB2 or whatever, you can still type that in mirrors.ini.

Probably your best bet is using Custom Shader Patch mirrors then, you can definitely correct mapping issues as long as the object is named.

Also as long as it is a separate material, it's fine if the object name is BODY_SUB2 or whatever, you can still type that in mirrors.ini.
Thanks for sticking with this, when you say correct mapping issues do you mean by ini editing or editing the model using cad software like blender. I'll give the custom shader patch mirrors a go.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 33.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 145 58.0%