Addicted new guy. Please provide feedback on the rig I want to build.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by NoOne3000, Jul 10, 2018.

1. NoOne3000

NoOne3000

Ratings:
    +1
    I started running a few races at an iRacing rig at an indoor go kart track and I'm now addicted. Their equipment has an Accuforce v2 wheel, and Club Sport v3 pedals and shifter. I was using their Oculus Rift VR goggles and I think that's the way I want to roll with my new rig.

What are your thoughts on this rig for a first timer? I want to do it right the first time through. It totals up to about $4100 or more if I go with an 80/20 rig.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

1. GTX-1070 i7 gaming PC with 16GB of memory - $1200 - (Is a GTX-1070 a sufficient card for VR or should I be looking at a 1080 Ti or a 1070 Ti? Or is an i5 or AMD build sufficient?)

2. Oculus Rift - $400

3. Accuforce V2 with wheel, button box and paddles - $1200

4. HE Pedals - ~ $800 (or should I go with Fanatec Club Sport v3 pedals?)

5. Fanatec Club Sport shifter - $200

6. DIY wooden rig - $100 **OR** Should I build my own 80/20 rig? I am an accomplished wood worker and these same tools can cut aluminum with the right blade of course.

7. Generic cloth racing seat from Amazon - $119 https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Fully-Reclinable-Racing-Stitch/dp/B0116D5022 (thoughts on this seat? Any real world reviews?)

8. 2 Dayton Audio BST-1 Tactile Bass Shakers (each allegedly weights 3.75 lbs) - $70 https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-bst-1-high-power-pro-tactile-bass-shaker-50-watts--295-244?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

9. JL Audio car amp to power #8 - Free, already own

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. nobby91010

nobby91010

Ratings:
    +15
    1080 minimum for vr 1180s out soon my opinion
    clubsports are good I had v2 originally but have heusinkveld now matter of money and enthusiasm,
    shifter ive had the th8a which i reccon is better than the fanatec {i bought 1 new it went back the same day faulty )then got the tss shifter
    now i have the th8a as h shifter heusinkveld sequisential,and the sparco thrustmaster handbrake with OSW.
    diy wooden rig??
    i started with wood which is fine but if you go OSW i do not reccomend wood the osw will eventually get to wood lol.
    seat looks good the seat needs to be comfy v important I think
    using a mg sportster leather seat me sen.
    transducers i use a 50 wattt amp and 2 of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005FWXOTC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    works great 1 under pedals 1 in seat so far

3. NoOne3000

NoOne3000

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a large difference between a GTX 1070 and a GTX 1080 when using the Oculus Rift?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.