Add-on for Kunos Praga R1 (CSP FEATURE)

Misc Add-on for Kunos Praga R1 (CSP FEATURE) 0.9.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
ben32star submitted a new resource:

Add-on for Kunos Praga R1 (CSP FEATURE) - Adding the air intake and the shark fin in the roof of the Praga R1

Hello again. Today add-on features a kunos car, the Praga R1. I never knew that this car had a new evo class, before someone suggested me to do that. And here it is.

Instruction, as always, and some recommendations below:
  • You can install this in all cars -> drag the extension folder in the "ks_praga_r1" folder. Also you can drag the .rar into Content Manager, but I don't know if that's still working.
  • Also you can install this in a single car by...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Ben,
fine mod, thanks for sharing it!

there seems to be an error in ext_config which causes the snorkel not appearing in other LODs. That's because these meshes were actually named differently than the main mesh. Like you did insert the snorkel into the main model (EXT_PAINT_SUB0). But the LODs don't have them named like this, they were named differently, thus the snorkel disappears if you go further. I did modify the code in order to fix this, if you don't mind.

Is it fine if I can send you the fixed ext_config file, so you can make an update for everybody?

Hi Ben,
fine mod, thanks for sharing it!

there seems to be an error in ext_config which causes the snorkel not appearing in other LODs. That's because these meshes were actually named differently than the main mesh. Like you did insert the snorkel into the main model (EXT_PAINT_SUB0). But the LODs don't have them named like this, they were named differently, thus the snorkel disappears if you go further. I did modify the code in order to fix this, if you don't mind.

Is it fine if I can send you the fixed ext_config file, so you can make an update for everybody?
You're completely right! I couldn't explain it, but you did it. Thanks. I'll update later with the fix. If you can send it to me I'd appreciate it (and credit you for so)

Sure, I'll send you my config, always happy to help you and improving this mod

(I've thought about adding LOD_D to my config, but after testing I felt it kinda unnecessary since this is like very very far away so I left it out)

Sure, I'll send you my config, always happy to help you and improving this mod

(I've thought about adding LOD_D to my config, but after testing I felt it kinda unnecessary since this is like very very far away so I left it out)
Thanks, I'll test it and upload it tomorrow. I'm finished of today.

Last edited:
New 3D model made from scratch (WIP yet). Not for the next update (that will just include the LOD fix) but for the next after that one.

1635455000992.png

As the new 3d model was improved, the amount of verts is almost the same (or even more). Since this is an essential element in the car decoration (unlikely my F1 add-ons), I can't allow to decrease the detail and quality of the mesh. Thus, I want to include in future updates LOD meshes for the sharkfin.

Btw, your mod goes well with with this R1 Evo data. If there was still an opportunity to make previews with snorkel...
There is a way.

Create a folder in car's folder named "snorkel" or whatever you want, and put the .kn5 with the same name of the folder. You should add this in CM Showroom as any other car. The bad thing is that you should put it by eye, but it's the most near way to have it in the showroom.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea