Adblock detected warning

I keep getting adblock detected note in GSC and Ftruck mod section release threads, but for example in Race07 and rFacto2 sections nothing. I don't have any adblockers installed on my laptop.
Removing browsing history and cookies does nothing. Any ideas?

Once again, you don't need to follow up on anything I say. Really be my guest and block the hell out of anything you would like to block :)

But as you are posting in the support section I thought you wanted support.

The official support answer is: get rid of adblock and you are fine. Site is tested with vanilla browsers and has no errors. Any addons you install yourself are not our responsibility and you can consider them unsupported.

it only seems to happen on SOME download pages, not all.

Explained above why that is.

I have the same problem as many others. Using the latest Firefox with Adblock Plus and Ghostery, having this site whitelisted in both add-ons. As said before, the warning pops up occasionally in download sections.
Maybe you could look into similar scripts that detect running adblocking software in user's browser. I'm not familiar with these scripts but I'm pretty sure there is plenty of them.

Win 7 x64 using Comodo IceDragon 26.0.0.2 (based on Firefox).
I have disabled adblock for this site, though I often get the warning, too. Further sometimes I am not logged in at a resource download while I stay logged in at the forum.

With regards to the error you are getting I can't reproduce it. Have vanilla updated browsers that i regularly check the site with and have no issues.

Adblock is rapidly ruining the internet and this website suffers severely from it as well as we especially have high webserver costs for our huge traffic.

Really don't understand what those guys are doing. As advertising is the main income for many large websites out there that without income will not be around providing free and great content for everybody to read.

Jax2 made a great post about it in 2012 on the ABP forums:

First, I'm interested in whether or not the mods here will leave this post up. I'm hoping they do, but not counting on it. Opposing ideas and opinions SHOULD be heard, however.

I would like to take just a few moments to explain a few things about web designing and websites in general. Please bear with me and don't just skip this part, Even if you already know all this, it bears repeating.

1. Websites are difficult to make.
Many websites take weeks or month to design. There is coding, testing, fixing, more testing and then deployment. All of this costs a great deal of time and money.

2. Websites cost money to host.
Webmasters are required to pay many types of fees in order to bring their content to you. This includes hosting, bandwidth if hosted on their own servers, advertising their site and more.

3. You, the end consumer, are getting information for free in most cases. You browse to a site, interact with it, enjoy the content, and then move on. Unless you are paying for a membership, you are not paying a penny out of pocket, other than your internet access.

So, now we have adblock, greasemonkey, and however many other methods there are for disabling advertisements on websites. So, what does this mean to most webmasters? A total loss of revenue.

Webmasters who own sites that do not charge a membership fee are not creating the site that you enjoy so that they can lose money. They have to pay, as I showed above, many different ways to bring this content to you. By disabling the advertisements, you are taking away the means which they use to pay the bills that allow them to keep their site up and keep bringing you that great content!

What do you think will happen when every month they end up losing money? They pay so you can enjoy it, yet they are getting NOTHING in return. Do you honestly think that website will remain active? No. Eventually it will shut down. Perhaps it won't be until their current year of hosting is up, but they will shut it down.

We, as I too am a web designer, depend on our advertisements to offset the costs of bringing you the content you enjoy. By blocking ads on our sites, you are doing nothing more than sending us a message that says you do not value our work, our effort to bring you the contents you're viewing, or you don't appreciate the content itself. Which is it?

If this continues, you will only succeed in making hundreds of thousands of websites vanish. You will also succeed in making more and more webmasters have to choose between shutting down or charging a fee for their content. Do you want to have to pay for almost every website you visit in the future? Is it worth that in the long run?

Please, if you value the websites you're visiting, disable your adblock for that site and support the webmaster. If you see an ad that interests you, click on it! I, nor anyone else, is asking you to click on irrelevant ads, that would not be fair for those who pay to advertise, but I am asking you to at least allow us the opportunity to show you an advertisement that might be relevant to you, in the hopes that you'll actually click something that does interest you and we can make 10 cents to help pay for keeping our site online.

Keep in mind, we're not all google, or ebay, or yahoo, or any giant sites like those, most of us are just hard working web designers that hope we can create something you can enjoy and appreciate, and we count on you to help us to keep our site up and running.

Adblock = anti-internet. Plain and simple. Support your websites, don't take money out of the pockets of webmasters everywhere.

Hm, one more info for the adblock issue: It usually appears to happen when I open multiple threads on multiple tabs (that's a common thing I do).
[You know: Being at the forum rightlick on thread 1 open new tab, rightclick on thread 2 open new tab, I usually even open on newtab when clicking on "read more about this resource"]
But it's maybe happening like 1 time each 20-30 opening processes.

Ah, to the being logged out issue: It seems to happen everytime, when I rightclick in a mod-thread and open "read more about this resource" on a new tab

I understand your concerns @Bram Hengeveld and I agree that many sites have to integrate ads in order to survive. But we aren't the bad guys here - as far as I can tell everyone using this site regulary have it whitelisted in their adblocking add-ons so that you can pay your monthly expenses, since we like this site as much as you do and we want it to survive.

Back on topic - it is possible that adblockers are still running while browsing the site, but they are not trying to block the ads. Instead they could be just gathering "useful" data about the ads used - their provider etc. It seems that your adblock detection script is too aggressive and reacts to adblock even if it's not blocking any ads. That is why I suggest that you try to find a better adblock detection script.

Why not take a premium membership, Everybody says they support Racedepartment and what it has to offer. Its the best site in the world etc.:inlove::inlove:
So if your like me and visit it every day to get the latest gossip on your favourite sim,
Download all you can and use all the site has to offer on a daily basic :)

10 Euros a year is nothing if you think about it. :) :O_o:
and it could help keep your favourite site here for a long time to come,:)

Ah, to the being logged out issue: It seems to happen everytime, when I rightclick in a mod-thread and open "read more about this resource" on a new tab

That I also cannot reproduce. Have you marked "stay logged in"?

@Tjaž Brelih I am not saying you are the bad guys. I am saying adblockplus is ruining the internet and will eventually result in sites going to hide all their content behind a paid membership. Can't imagine how that will feel when browsing to 20 sites a day, bleh.

Why not take a premium membership, Everybody says they support Racedepartment and what it has to offer. Its the best site in the world etc.:inlove::inlove:
So if your like me and visit it every day to get the latest gossip on your favourite sim,
Download all you can and use all the site has to offer on a daily basic :)

10 Euros a year is nothing if you think about it. :) :O_o:
and it could help keep your favourite site here for a long time to come,:)

Let's make an experiment. Make the site accessible only to premium members and we'll see how many users will pay 10€ for a year of access to RD. I say I'd be quite interesting. :thumbsup:

To add a bit offtopic to your adblock plus is ruining the internet discussion:
Nowadays there's the probability of getting malware via popups and flashadvertisements, often the users just click here and there et voila: a toolbar has appeared, or even a scareware or worse.

The AD-scripts also read your cookies, means: When I'm on printus.de for example I get advertisements shown on RD for products on printus.de which may be seen as a privacy problem but is somehow stupid on the other hand. Like I would click on an AD for a site/shop I am already looking at :D

What interests me usually: How many people would even click on a shown AD? For people who wouldn't click on anything, advertisements are only a nuisance, neither of the sides (website & user) benefit from it then, I think.

Well, I wonder how websites were running before the times of the modern internet.

@ParkYongLee

You make a few assumptions that aren't correct.

First of all that you see retargeted ads is not a privacy problem but an user problem who hasn't setup any ad preferences

Adblock should easily see the difference between malware and annoying popups and legit approved ads by google or other networks and just filter those instead of punishing the entire web for the abuse of a handful of crappy sites such as the pirate bay (ironically a popular place under adblock users) and others that haven't been approved by google, bing or other networks due to the nature of their illegal content.

You are right not many people click on ads and that is exactly the whole problem independent sites such as ourselves, without paying sponsors, run into nowadays. 40% of our traffic is hiding behind an adblocker and the moment that percentage goes over 50% we'll close our doors and go do something else with our free time as that basically means a virtual middle finger by half of our reading users. When this trend continues there will be a massive change on the internet landscape coming up and I can guess already who will be the first crying out loud when sites hide fully behind a paywall.

Refering to the old internet is a bit pointless as things have changed. I can only speak for RD but when we started on a free hosted forum (click here for awesome retro look :D) (with ads from the hoster :D) back in 2006 we had 20 daily visitors that left a few lines of text on a message board and drove toca 2 on self hosted connections.

Eight years later we have over 3.5 million pages viewed every month and Terrabytes of data transfered because of our fileservers and gaming servers and loads of webtraffic that doesn't pay for itself.

Apples and oranges.

@Bram Hengeveld
Two things:
First, I'd say some users (as you can see by the question from Tjaz) take RD as something as it isn't. For me, RD is also only the forum I check for F1 mods, nothing else is of interest to me here. While you offer much more, people won't recognize it unless they're part of it / using it. So that may also be the reason for treating this site/forum in a different way than you'd want it to be.

Second, I came to notice that I am logged out at www.racedepartment.com links, while I'm usually loggin in at racedepartment.com (without www.). I never write www. before any url so I didn't notice that at first but it just splashed into my eyes.
So: I can be logged in at racedepartment.com/forum while opening www.racedepartment.com/forum sees me as not being logged in (and the resources always are with www.)

Oh, okay. I started getting this issue, too. I thought it was funny that I was suddenly not seeing any ads anywhere on the page even thought I keep this domain whitelisted.

After I while, I tried disabling adblock, then I tried uninstalling it, and still, I got the Adblock Warning.

As for now, I'm assuming my issue was that Avast Online Security was blocking Ad-Tracking, because I disabled that block, and now it seems to be working... though I'm still not seeing ads... I'm confused.

Either way, I appreciate that post from Jax2 you quoted. I always try to click on an add for the sites that I like. I still hate the loud-ass video-auto-playing ads, though. Those things are so lame. F****ing Lysol thinks making loud noises out of the blue from somewhere in my browser is going to make me not use Fabreeze? Pfft, as if~!

Last edited:
Let's make an experiment. Make the site accessible only to premium members and we'll see how many users will pay 10€ for a year of access to RD. I say I'd be quite interesting. :thumbsup:
Unfortunately, at least for the editorial side of things here, is impossible. If we did this, we are legally unable to post any images or other content provided to us by the motorsports industry. :(

But that's just a private forum or am I missing something? :O_o:
You can check out all the perks from premium membership here. More importantly, regardless of what you come to RD for, it costs money, and premium membership is one of the best ways to help us out!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.