ACC screen tearing: Can you help?

Hello, our setup here is:
ACER 300 Helios laptop With 16GBram with GeForce 1060 card that has its own 6GB dedicated VRAM.
Connected to 27’’ ACER KG1 series monitor that is normally set to 1920x1080.

Problem:
When mid race or in qualifying there is often screen tearing where the screen freezes for around 5-10 seconds but the game still continues to run so of course after unfreeze the car has crashed.
This happens when GPU (normally at 99%) drops to zero for those few seconds.

can somebody (with actual computer experience) suggest a fix to this.
Please no guesses or just things like overclock etc.

Hope someone can assist help fix problem.

thank you.

Last edited:
Could you post the following things:
What kind of CPU do you have?
What are your temps under load?
Are there any other applications where you experience the same problem?
What FPS are you reaching when this happens?

Also what you are describing is not screen tearing. With screen tearing you have multiple different frames sent to your screen at the same time, so it will look like as if the image is being teared apart. A freeze should not be related to tearing. It might show tearing in the freeze, but this is simply because it's frozen while it was sending the next frame to your screen. (Trying to explain it as simple as possible without being to technical)

H
Could you post the following things:
What kind of CPU do you have?
What are your temps under load?
Are there any other applications where you experience the same problem?
What FPS are you reaching when this happens?

Also what you are describing is not screen tearing. With screen tearing you have multiple different frames sent to your screen at the same time, so it will look like as if the image is being teared apart. A freeze should not be related to tearing. It might show tearing in the freeze, but this is simply because it's frozen while it was sending the next frame to your screen. (Trying to explain it as simple as possible without being to technical)

Hello,

CPU on that model is i7-7700intel core

No other applications aside from ACC have the issue (have other games that are played and no issues).

Temps run at ( I think 75-80F ) for the duration with some fluctuation.

FPS is capped at 75 so to match a good level of refresh with the monitor in question, also tried calling at 60 but no change, same issue.

sorry for the wrong terminology, but yes screen freeze whilst GPU drops to zero% usage for around 5-10 seconds, before returning to normal.

Last edited:
H

Hello,

CPU on that model is i7-7700intel core

No other applications aside from ACC have the issue (have other games that are played and no issues).

Temps run at ( I think 75-80F ) for the duration with some fluctuation.

FPS is capped at 75 so to match a good level of refresh with the monitor in question, also tried calling at 60 but no change, same issue.

sorry for the wrong terminology, but yes screen freeze whilst GPU drops to zero% usage for around 5-10 seconds, before returning to normal.
I had a 7700 and ran into quite a lot of screen tearing. Picked up a Ryzen 5 3600X and new mobo for a nice price at black Friday and haven't run into the issue since.

I think only being a quad core processor, it doesn't run as well as it probably should, in ACC. Luckily for me, my kids computer needed up grading so they got my 7700.

Last edited:
I had a 7700 and ran into quite a lot of screen tearing. Picked up a Ryzen 5 3600X and new mobo for a nice price at black Friday and haven't run into the issue since.

I think only being a quad core processor, it doesn't run as well as it probably should, in ACC. Luckily for me, my kids computer needed up grading so they got my 7700.

As per OP it’s an ACER laptop with graphics card so not an option for us.

Thank you though for your suggestion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back