ACC...FBB/HANDLING/PHYSICS, finally as good as AC....?!?

Hi,

I'm a G29 user.

Somehow in ACC i never manged to get the feel, excitement, vibe in regards to the FBB/HANDLING/PHYSICS i got from from AC.

Difficult to explain but AC with same cars and tracks combination, just always felt more connected and alive as if i'm really driving, which i could never get with ACC no matter what settings i tried.

But now with ACC 1.8 version, I'm finally feeling that connection to the car/track via my G29 in ACC.

Can others confirm this....?!?

Thanks.

Sorry, cannot confirm, I like how ACC feels, but I like how AC feels better.
In AC it feels more natural to me, easier to enjoy lap after lap. I do much longer race in AC, never care if I am first, last or in the middle, just enjoy controlling the cars and try to Improve lap after lap. My second favorite to drive is ACC, don’t even start me on the others.
The latest development made ACC better, but still not as enjoyable to me.

hey i just posted this in another thread and the topic seems to be related. I have never digged into acc but i have ac and i not like at all the way cars handle. i just described that in another post here but most of the cars feel uncontrollable to me in an unrelaistic manner.
for example the kunos 991 911gt3rs, it goes from oversteert to understeer so quick, you can not trailbrake into a corner or make quick movemnts and once you loose grip, which happes fast, there is no way you can control the car anymore like they are not connected to the steering wheel. it feels like cars are floating away.
to me ac is not a simulation, it is just an exaggerated unrealsitic feel to me. Using a g29 as well

Sorry, cannot confirm, I like how ACC feels, but I like how AC feels better.
In AC it feels more natural to me, easier to enjoy lap after lap. I do much longer race in AC, never care if I am first, last or in the middle, just enjoy controlling the cars and try to Improve lap after lap. My second favorite to drive is ACC, don’t even start me on the others.
The latest development made ACC better, but still not as enjoyable to me.
Even with the BMW M4; games been transformed for me with this car? It's not wholly like the other cars IMO

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Hi,

I'm a G29 user.

Somehow in ACC i never manged to get the feel, excitement, vibe in regards to the FBB/HANDLING/PHYSICS i got from from AC.

Difficult to explain but AC with same cars and tracks combination, just always felt more connected and alive as if i'm really driving, which i could never get with ACC no matter what settings i tried.

But now with ACC 1.8 version, I'm finally feeling that connection to the car/track via my G29 in ACC.

Thanks.
AC FFB was lagging behind ACC even before the update, now ACC just walks over any sim on the market.
This is on DD wheel, perhaps lesser wheels were not detailed enough to deliver all nuances before the update which are now much more pronounced.
AC FFB in general is just "simpler" and more primitive, like low res pixelated version of UHD picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 963434

ACC after last update just went on my ffb ranking to 2 place just after rfactor2. it was previously arouns 5 place and behind even BEAM.NG !
its much much better now and not only ffb but also physicks, cars was too slidey prevously i even thought it a bug and made video, but its not anymore, now i can take radillon at spa just easy as in raceroom or rfactor or any other game cars more feeled now i know what im doing, prevously it was alway blind run and heart stopped if will it work now or would i make 2% too much steering and 5% too much brake or 0,0034 sec too lat throttle etc. now game became much much better
also much better than AC , AC is too jerky for mee, feel too much, wheel too aggressive, now in ACC wheel just calm as it should be yet still very informative, very natural feeling like rfactor2, ACC made big step in ffb also i can feel countersteer better and slip angle and understeer more natural.
they fixed much physicks also new BMW m4 is much better at takin radiillon than previous m6, i wonder if future BOP will change it? i hope not.

As for me on the G29 everything was perfect up to version 1.7 (using the LUT file). From 1.8, up to the current 1.8.9, the FFB is too accentuated on the not smooth curbs. The vibrations are so strong that I lose my line. The only solution is to decrease the GAIN, but driving with little resistance on the steering does not make sense, as all other details are lost. I've done hundreds of tests. :(

• Deleted member 197115

Disable Road Effects if you haven't yet.

I play both ACC and AC and to me ACC is way ahead, of course also because the cars have more detailed physics.
I second that.
ACC feels the most natural of any sim I currently run.
AC has lots of good cars which do a great service...RSS' cars are very good etc...
RF2 is the only other sim close in feel.
It has more feedback samples (curbing, etc...) but it too, is behind overall as far as road feel is concerned.
There is just something natural about how the car behaves in ACC that other sims do not seem to represent to it's level yet.
They all offer different strengths but if I had to choose only one, ACC would be it hands down.

• Deleted member 963434

so i was having great FFB till 1.8,acc finally felt awesome.

But I feel again something is not right after 1.8.8

Can anyone confirm? (G29)
i had it too i played couple of days ffb was good, then make some days ppause, then came again and ffb was weird. i think solution is to restart game i had it sometimes wit ACC but my wheel is OSW so maybe its my wheel software issue or something. but if you feel weird ffb try restarting game or restart wheel and game

• Deleted member 963434

As for me on the G29 everything was perfect up to version 1.7 (using the LUT file). From 1.8, up to the current 1.8.9, the FFB is too accentuated on the not smooth curbs. The vibrations are so strong that I lose my line. The only solution is to decrease the GAIN, but driving with little resistance on the steering does not make sense, as all other details are lost. I've done hundreds of tests. :(
maybe can try using 100 Hz refreshing or something

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 144 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 21 12.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 29.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 34.7%