AC VR Locked at 45 FPS

Recently had the pleasure of buying a new system. 7800X3D + 7900XTX. For the last 3 days, I had a blast on my Quest 3 set at 1.5x render resolution at 90hz. CM Pixels per display also at 1.5. For AC, I've turned everything up to maximum, (right before experimental settings) and enjoyed the solid 90fps. Today, for some reason, I am stuck at 45 fps. Spacewarp is turned off. I'm on patch 0.2.3 Preview 1. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I am deleting everything and starting from scratch. Obviously, I changed some settings by accident. Will post update.

Last edited:
Nothing seems to be working to get the FPS backup. This is extremely frustrating when you know you had a solid 90 FPS with everything maxed out and now for some odd reason it's locked to 45. I am going to try to reinstall windows, reinstall ac and see how that goes.

UPDATE:

Okay, I reinstalled Windows 11. Still didn't work. I started messing with the shadow resolution, overall pp filter quality and ODT. And now I'm back to 90 FPS. For some reason, if I set pixels per display to 1.5, it will lock the game to 45 FPS even with ASW off. As mentioned, I had it at 1.5 before with everything at maximum and still had a solid 90 FPS. Whatever, Oculus still has it set at 1.5x so it still looks good. I'll have to see what the issue is by digging deeper but i'm glad I can at least get it back to 90. Here are my current settings. (did not touch CSP settings other than rain related stuff)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-02 163633.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-02 163633.png
    481.6 KB · Views: 110
Hi,

was FPS really "locked" at 45 or did it drop below 90 and therefore switched to 45? I am experiencing similar issues, my setup worked for almost half a year now without any issues and today - without changing anything - fps drops below 90 and therfore my HP reverb switches to 45 fps. really frustrating. I had that once before and could fix it by checking local files via steam (steam reinstalled some files) and removing apps from the python folder. This time it does not work.

already tried following:
- repairing local AC files via steam
- updating nvidia drivers
- removing all apps from python folder
- disabling CSP
- disabling PP
- tried different tracks, online and offline
- issue even exists in hotlap mode, usually I can run a race with 20 AI cars without issues

any help appreciated!

Hardware: AMD 5800x3d, 32GB, nvidia 3090, Windows Mixed Reality, HP Reverb G2

Last edited:
I’ll borrow your thread a little bit.
I downloaded latest Pure today (which looks much better than SOL on my quest) and got an FPS boost compared to SOL as well.
BUT, I did some quick tests with grids from 11 cars of Fujimi Kaido to near 30 cars on Nordschleife.
My FPS is either 90, 60 or 30. And this is throughout the whole race on any track. Fujimi was 30 FPS in VR no matter how much or little action there was on track, and cars near me.
Nordschleife was 60 throughout a whole lap. And some other track was 90.
It feels like the FPS is limited to the tracks? Is this possible?
Only reason I’m starting to believe this is since the FPS is the same at start of race with full grid, mid race and almost no battle. Or near end of race and catching up a group and starting to battle. Same FPS with no dip.

My specs:
i9 9900k
16GB Ram
RTX 3070

I downloaded latest Pure today (which looks much better than SOL on my quest) and got an FPS boost compared to SOL as well.
BUT, I did some quick tests with grids from 11 cars of Fujimi Kaido to near 30 cars on Nordschleife.
My FPS is either 90, 60 or 30. And this is throughout the whole race on any track. Fujimi was 30 FPS in VR no matter how much or little action there was on track, and cars near me.
Only reason I’m starting to believe this is since the FPS is the same at start of race with full grid, mid race and almost no battle. Or near end of race and catching up a group and starting to battle. Same FPS with no dip.

My specs:
i9 9900k
16GB Ram
RTX 3070
I‘d guess then your performance is CPU capped. AI cars are heavy for the cpu, try all the tracks wirh 10 opponents and I guess you will get similar fps values on each one. Of course track details also matter, but not that much in my experience.

My specs:
i9 9900k
16GB Ram
RTX 3070

Without knowing what resolution you're running the Quest 2 headset or AC graphics/Pure set up, it's quite possible that both the cpu & gpu are struggling, .i.e.,
There's no Reprojection let up even when the gpu usage drops to the low 80s.

I agree with Johnny85ac that AI is more demanding than mp opponents, but running too many apps can also be a major fps killer - if you're getting 90 fps @ other tracks, it's unlikely that there is anything wrong with the Quest 2 or that the Nordschleife is overly demanding.

I tested Nordschleife in VR with 50 AI cars & it was manageable until I enabled a few apps & the leaderboard overlay (f9). I also did a few desktop benchmarks:

AC Nords aps 30 cars vs no apps 60 cars.jpg

30 seconds on:

AC Nords aps 30 cars vs no apps 30 cars vs 60 cars no apps 30 seconds after start.jpg

Without knowing what resolution you're running the Quest 2 headset or AC graphics/Pure set up, it's quite possible that both the cpu & gpu are struggling, .i.e.,
There's no Reprojection let up even when the gpu usage drops to the low 80s.

I agree with Johnny85ac that AI is more demanding than mp opponents, but running too many apps can also be a major fps killer - if you're getting 90 fps @ other tracks, it's unlikely that there is anything wrong with the Quest 2 or that the Nordschleife is overly demanding.

I tested Nordschleife in VR with 50 AI cars & it was manageable until I enabled a few apps & the leaderboard overlay (f9). I also did a few desktop benchmarks:

View attachment 731135

30 seconds on:

View attachment 731151
Hey @pattikins, thanks so much for testing all this and replying!
I've done a bit more racing this week and monitored FPS myself.

I only play with the in-game "essential" app visible on HUD, and a tire temp app. With track positioning etc. And sometime I just use "onboard settings" in pits to adjust seating , nothing more, as to have less data possible like in real life when racing.

FPS will vary from track to track, and amount of cars, you are correct. I was just, and am still, a bit off-guard and feel its weird that the different FPS on the different tracks are stable.
Tochigi(Twin Ring Motegi), Nordschleife, Road Atlanta, Magny Course, Reservoir GP, all tracks have different FPS, but the FPS is almost the same from race start with a lot of action, untill finish. The biggest dip is maybe 5-10fps no matter how much/little action there is on track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back