AC Server issues

Ok, I'm an infrastructure engineer, I know how to open/close/forward ports, for whatever reason I can't get a simple AC server to function properly. I get the server to populate in the multiplayer server list, but when I click on it to join, I get a message that tells me Unable to connect to "server name". It used to work, I've made no changes to my firewall, I can see a small amount of traffic hitting my policy, but I can't connect. I am open to any and all suggestions at this point. Thanks in advance...

This is your problem:
UDP_PORT=9600
TCP_PORT=9600
HTTP_PORT=8088

Change either UDP or TCP port, so you have 2 different ports, like 9600 and 9601 for example.
Then of cause open those 2 ports, together with HTTP 8088 (both UDP 8088 and TCP 8088)

TCP and UDP can 100% be the same. But of course you need to open the port for both protocols!
So you basically need to open 2 Ports for UDP and TCP.

I think your problem might be the "@" in the Server name to be honest. I think that because capital letters in track or layout names for example cause similar problem! Change your server name to one word, only small letters, no blank, nothing and report back.
Like "f1lagunaseca".

Otherwise I can't see anything odd... And I should know as one of the AC hosts around here :)

TCP and UDP can 100% be the same. But of course you need to open the port for both protocols!
So you basically need to open 2 Ports for UDP and TCP.

I think your problem might be the "@" in the Server name to be honest. I think that because capital letters in track or layout names for example cause similar problem! Change your server name to one word, only small letters, no blank, nothing and report back.
Like "f1lagunaseca".

Otherwise I can't see anything odd... And I should know as one of the AC hosts around here :)

No sweat Rasmus, just that it has never worked for me with same UDP/TCP from a local server setup.

Ok, I'm an infrastructure engineer, I know how to open/close/forward ports, for whatever reason I can't get a simple AC server to function properly. I get the server to populate in the multiplayer server list, but when I click on it to join, I get a message that tells me Unable to connect to "server name". It used to work, I've made no changes to my firewall, I can see a small amount of traffic hitting my policy, but I can't connect. I am open to any and all suggestions at this point. Thanks in advance...

If you are on the same network you may need to connect via the LAN tab.
At least that's how it works on my laptop's server at home.

If you are on the same network you may need to connect via the LAN tab.
At least that's how it works on my laptop's server at home.
Yes, I experienced that once when a friend was running a server - he could join with the normal tab, but I couldn't see him. When he joined with the LAN tab, everything was fine.
BUT since that occasion, we have raced against each other without him needing to use the LAN tab! :O_o::O_o:

LAN or not LAN is a bit depending on network card etc. For raceroom you need to install the Microsoft loopback adapter. For AC you can join normally but will lose connection after some time.
I tested the "@" btw and while I could connect to a server with the @ sign I couldn't see my own in the default launcher. Content manager didn't have any problems.

So please remove the @ sign in your server name and also test your server with content manager if you have it or feel like using it :)

Tried all those with no luck. I can see the server, when I click on it no cars display and I see no ping time. I've even added an any any all policy inbound and outbound to the server and still nothing....I'm out of ideas.

Normally hitting start in the manager should already start the server!
If you want to see a bit more about what's going on start it via manager, stop it right after it! This will put the server configuration as "default".
When you now start the acserver.exe manually it will load the same configuration and you'll see if someone connects or errors (although not the real errors. For that you need to run the acserver.bat and then have a look in the log folder for details).

Can you send your current configuration files again so I can try to run it?
If I can run it, there's a problem non AC related :)

I think the problem lies at your Router, router settings, firewall settings in Windows, no idea honestly...
Please use the acserver.bat to run the server and then try to connect, see it, whatever just trigger some error and then have a look at the newest entries in the logs folder. Probably in the "error" folder. Attach the error2018xxxxxxxx_xxxx.log please :)

Sure, here you go.
Content Manager, LAN tab:
upload_2018-3-5_17-48-53.png

And here we go:
acs_2018_03_05_17_50_09_590.jpg

AC Default Launcher:
upload_2018-3-5_17-53-12.png

And here we go again:
Unbenannt.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events