AC Forcing VR mode - how to stop?

Hello Forum Members,

When I open AC in Steam, it always opens in Mixed Reality (VR) mode. Steam does not offer any options to open it in flat-screen mode vs. VR, as it typically does with other games.

How can I prevent or control this?

Thank you.

Hello,

I downloaded the content manager and set it to flat screen.

This seems to be "sticky" in that, once set in the content manager, subsequently launching AC directly respects the setting, and it no longer launches in VR mode.

Thank you!

Content Manager also enables you to create 'presets' for each settings page.

For example, I have one preset called 'VR' which sets the video output to SteamVR, lowers some quality settings, reduces the visible draw distance, etc, etc.

I have another called '2D' which outputs to my flat screen and sets everything to 'high'.

Very handy when I want to switch between the two output types.

Content Manager also enables you to create 'presets' for each settings page.

For example, I have one preset called 'VR' which sets the video output to SteamVR, lowers some quality settings, reduces the visible draw distance, etc, etc.

I have another called '2D' which outputs to my flat screen and sets everything to 'high'.

Very handy when I want to switch between the two output types.
I have the same issue: i've already done months ago everything you written, but till now CM always launches VR mode and no way to change it. Finally game crashes. Final result is that i can only play with my VR (Vive 2)

Attachments

• CM.png
    CM.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 166

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back