AC Benchmark Request

DavidMk7

Premium
Is there anyone out there running a similar system to mine (i5-7600K / GTX3070 / 3440x1440 / 16MB RAM) who would be willing to run the AC benchmark and post the results text for me to compare with my system?

Thanks

For this you would need the exact same settings, cpu clocks and gpu boost.
What do you want to know from this though?

If you want to know if your hardware and windows is working like it should, just do something like pcmark, 3D mark and compare your cpu and gpu scores to others with the same cpu and gpu on each section.

I’m well aware that there are a host of factors which will affect the results, not just the clock speeds. I’m not looking for a direct comparison though, just to get a general feel and some ballpark figures. You might say that it is just curiosity as much as anything. But if 10 people were to post results between 200 and 250 and I’m only getting 150, then that might confirm my suspicions, but, if the range is 100 to 200, that would suggest it’s just my natural paranoia taking hold.

And yes, I am looking to see if my new RTX3070 is a duffer. It was bought to replace a GTX1080 and I’m shocked at the apparent lack of improvement in performance. Unfortunately I only have 2 direct comparisons, with recorded results on both cards, 3DMark and the AC benchmark. 3DMark certainly shows a substantial improvement, but the demo is a DX12 test and I would expect the more modern card to show a 1080 a clean paid of heels. The online comparison doesn’t hold up as well though, coming well below the RTX2080 powered High-end gaming PC benchmark. Though the comparison, on the demo version at least, is based on overall score only. The benchmark PC has a much better CPU, but, as you can’t see the CPU and GPU scores, it’s difficult to tell how much effect this is having (quite a lot, I expect).

The AC benchmark is only about 6% higher than with the 1080. Whilst I don’t have recorded figures for other games, my impression is that the performance gain in most is about the same as this. I’m also curious to see if other people get the same sort of CPU usage in AC, as this has gone up with the new card. And I’d be interest to hear the experience of anyone else who’s upgraded from a 1080 to a 3070. Was it just an incremental change, or a night and day one?

Whilst the reason for buying the card wasn’t to boost my PCs performance (that’s another story!), I certainly expected a GPU 2 generations on and topping all the benchmark charts to provide some sort of decent improvement. What I feel I have is, in fact, no real gain at all. For instance, ACC is still unplayable in my opinion. I’m also slightly suspicious that I was able to obtain an RTX card in the middle of a global shortage and fear I may have been sold a dud, which either failed quality testing, but has been sent out for sale anyway, or was returned as faulty.

But apparently no-one is prepared to post any results anyway, so it doesn't really matter in the end.

Hmm...

In short, I think your CPU is the limiting factor with AC. But ac is probably the worst game to do any benchmarks with...

A friend of mine has a 3070. If you just wanna know if it performs like it should:

Download msi kombustor (latest version from geeks3d):

And then run the 1080p benchmark without changing any settings at all.

I'll ask my friend to do the same, then you'll know.

That test is dx11 afaik and only achieves about 95% gpu load due to not being able to fully utilize the ampere architecture with all the new features.
So it's a very good comparison for older games.

That benchmark also barely uses the cpu so that won't influence the score.

The benchmark runs in a window for 60 seconds and then gives you a score and an fps number.

Tell me both :)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 430 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 268 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 287 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.1%
Back