a question for MOTION owners

• Thread starter Deleted member 1066209
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1066209

• Deleted member 1066209

Hello, I've had a question about motion simulators that I'm hoping you can help provide an answer to: Can you feel a difference in pitch or roll when changing suspension settings in the game? And if so, could you please provide the names of the motion simulator and the game(s)?

I think it would be really cool to actually feel such differences. I hope such a system exists.

Thanks!

Hello, I've had a question about motion simulators that I'm hoping you can help provide an answer to: Can you feel a difference in pitch or roll when changing suspension settings in the game? And if so, could you please provide the names of the motion simulator and the game(s)?

I think it would be really cool to actually feel such differences. I hope such a system exists.

Thanks!
Short answer, yes.
Long answer, just like in real cars, you gotta change settings in the suspension quite alot to make it roll significantly less or more.

The difference between cars on the other hand, is significant.
I mostly run iRacing, in a Sigma DK2 motion, and not only does pitch/roll change, but also stiffness.
So i.e. going through the nordshcleife carousel, you notice a big difference between a MX5 and a radical. Same goes with suspension adjustments, just not that noticable unless you change it several steps.

I believe most proper motion systems replicates this, some maybe better than others, but i have’nt tested them all..

• Deleted member 1066209

Thanks for providing your DK2 experience, it sounds like a great system.

I've also had thoughts about buying a seat-mover motion system, instead, and I was hoping to hear whether they provide a similar sensation with respect to suspension stiffness and pitch/roll. So if anybody can chime in, I'd be deeply grateful!

Thanks for providing your DK2 experience, it sounds like a great system.

I've also had thoughts about buying a seat-mover motion system, instead, and I was hoping to hear whether they provide a similar sensation with respect to suspension stiffness and pitch/roll. So if anybody can chime in, I'd be deeply grateful!
Personally, having been in some seat movers, the nlr and simxperience I would never go that way over a platform mover. I would understand the hesitation to spend the $$ to move from a seat mover to a platform mover if you already had it but I wouldnt start there.

You dont get heave, one of the more important things from motion and there is a lot of benefit to having a stable position of your body relative to your pedals and wheel. Not to mention less limitations/headaches on how you configure your rig.

I built (2016) and still have a seat mover, was great... I now run the RS150 system with the Thanos controller. NIGHT and DAY Difference! Save your money a little longer and purchase the Platform mover 100% :)

20220219_120115.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea