A Basic Question About Foot Position.....

I hope that I've posted this in the right place.....

When racing your favorite sim, is it best to have the heel of your right foot right up against the bottom of the accelerator pedal, so that basically your whole foot always contacts the entire pedal? Or should the heel be an inch or so off the pedal (but resting on the base) so only the ball of the foot actually contacts the pedal?

FWIW - my peds are Fanatec Clubsport V3 and I wear no shoes (just socks) when simming.

Thanks!

If i look at my feet it changes.
I have the heel slightly towards the brake pedal, but reposition my feet when braking..
It differs, never thought about it, it comes as it comes...

why do you care?

FWIW - I'm a left foot braker. (I don't use the clutch.)

Why do I care> - Just curious because my heel is NOT against the bottom of the pedal and I feel that perhaps the throttle doesn't respond to my inputs as well as it should, S0 I'm considering whether to change the angle of the pedal base.

Thanks.

I have my throttle set up to where my heel cannot touch the base of the pedal. Its only open space in that area.

Similar to above tho, my heel stays more towards the brake pedal but in a fixed position then I make precise adjustments with my toes, but without shoes.

If I were to completely rest my throttle foot, it would very slightly depress the pedal.

I think good longtime ergonomics are the important part here.

If your seat and pedal plate are positioned so that you don´t need muscle tone to hold them in place and your ankles don´t overextended everything is fine.

"If I were to completely rest my throttle foot, it would very slightly depress the pedal."

Here I see a problem with longtime comfort and maybe even "crossfire" from the throttle when braking. It would be better if the relaxed foot would barely NOT touch the pedal.

Should you get knee trouble it could help to switch brake and clutch pedal for a straight leg when braking, especially with higher brake forces.

MFG Carsten

My heel is not on the throttle. It's usually on the floor, but not always. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong, just what I do.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.