AC 911 Cup @ Zandvoort - Sunday 4th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Congrats to the top guys, really fast pace. And to everyone else too, think we only had a 4s spread across the grid at the start for 20 cars :thumbsup:

Great racing Ernie and Kimi! These cars with the TC allow for some close racing. Unfortunately it seems my setup was trash for used tires :laugh: and with 15min to go, I got some snap over-steer trying to catch a slide, letting Kimi through for the final pass. Finally moved the brake bias forwards and saved myself a little.

Thanks for putting it together Brian and everyone for showing up.

See some of you next week at Le Mans :)

It was very fun for a last minute join on my side! Sorry Richard for the punt, but you were teleporting so much on a track, that I wasn't sure if I even really hit you until you didn't appear in front of me again :roflmao:.
As almost my custom - had 2 great spins which led to beautiful crashes losing me better half of a minute. Luckily it seems everyone had some moments which allowed me to make it back to p10, where I finished (although me and Reik had first row seats at battle for p8). Thank you all for this evening - lovely racing, shitty arms workout :D

Must have solved most problems in some pre race practice plus some work to the car in qualifying made a nice car to drive. So in the end it was a sweet car to drive here.
Luckily a good race, but terrible start nothing new there, only lost one or two places
Everyone drove impeccably, a pleasure to race you gentlemen, a special thank you to Kimi and Robert, these two I spent most time with until their pit stops. Managed an undercut, lucky with that. The rest was a plod to the flag.
Well done podiums, a great event.:)
Did not notice any warping.

It was very fun for a last minute join on my side! Sorry Richard for the punt, but you were teleporting so much on a track, that I wasn't sure if I even really hit you until you didn't appear in front of me again :roflmao:.
As almost my custom - had 2 great spins which led to beautiful crashes losing me better half of a minute. Luckily it seems everyone had some moments which allowed me to make it back to p10, where I finished (although me and Reik had first row seats at battle for p8). Thank you all for this evening - lovely racing, shitty arms workout :D
No worries Tomek, I kept hoping/thinking my connection problems had gone away after first reconnecting to the server before quali, then rebooting before the race, then turning all other internet devices off during the race!

After you hit me I quickly recovered but found myself in pretty much clear air for the rest of the race so I had no one to tell me whether I was ok or not. But I obviously wasn't because on Colin's replay he could see my glitching to the end and the server didn't log my last lap (my best guess is that a final lap glitch made the server think I'd retired after 29 laps when in actual fact I happy drove round and finished the 30!).

Oh well, I've already reported the problem to my ISP and hope I don't see it again but I really hope it didn't affect anyone else race (it didn't appear to from my view, and Colin's replay, but it's difficult to be sure!). Sorry everyone.

Great race tonight! Zandvoort does have a few nasty turns. I would have loved to keep second place, but a big mistake seems to have ended the dream. Great race Thomas, it would certainly have been exciting at the end.

Great event as always on Sundays! :thumbsup:
Good racing Hank. It was so great to have someone with the same pace right in front of me, such fun to drive then, pushing for every tenth. At the pitstop it was so close, great stuff. Backed off little bit last laps as danger of losing the rear increased. No major mistakes so I am glad about the result. Little bit too cautious at braking for turn 1 lap 1 so Hank could have a go.
Reiks pace was out of reach for me, so congrats to him. In terms of setup I did not do too much, dont know what the others changed.
Regards warping there were some issues but not that much as wednesday. Hank warped forward couple meters just as we were at same level after turn 1 lap 1. He later disapperead in front of me for couple seconds gladly came back then.
Great racing guys, cu next time.

results:

I'll just copy a bit what Tomek said I had absolutely no preparation for this race, but ended up 15th so buzzing I'm still quite New and this is my 5th race on-line i had my moment when I've overtook Tomek but then his wife's team orders got me back In the line , challenging race but loads of fun looking forward for more of this !!!

Last edited:
had a great time racing in today's event. really amazing pace out there guys, nice job!

i must say, up until now i hadn't been particularly keen on the way these 911s drove, but i'm warming up to them! i'm definitely looking forward to more events featuring these cup cars in the future.

as for the track, that was a challenge for sure, leaving little room for error. although i got caught up in the turn 1 drama (even hung back to try and avoid, argh), and had a couple of offs early in the race, i was just pleased to finally settle in and turn in some consistent (if relatively slow compared to the rest) laps. considering that i used to be lapped 2 or 3 times by the entire field when i first started here 5 months ago, i'm just happy that i was only lapped once by the lead cars this time. especially on such a tricky track, with such twitchy cars, i'll consider that progress.

congrats to the top 3, but really impressive driving by all who participated!
thanks Brian for organizing and see you guys at the next one!

thanks to @Alfred Wayne for providing a link to beautiful skins for these cup cars. here is one of my favorites:

1685923658437.png

I too had an absolute blast, should have been top 10 but the Racing Gods (and the rear) had other thoughts .
Already looking forward to the next race, hopefully one where overtaking is a little bit easier and not so bumpy ;)

Particularly enjoyed the racing with Shed 17 and JamKart22, was great stuff. :thumbsup:

I can also highly recommend the 2004 Cup car, ABS, TC but manual gearbox.
As well as the (I think )2014 Cup Car, no TC and no ABS.
Kek700 would love the no ABS :)

Both aren't available on RD, so I guess no club racing with them but they are both worth having a go offline.

I was feeling tired after a long day out so decided to skip qualifying and start from the back and go for a Sunday evening drive.;) What a blast I had too. :)After the first lap I tucked in between Colin and Taj and while not at 100% commitment, I really enjoyed the racing eventually finishing in the top ten just by staying safe.
I did experience a strange occurrence when I was behind Colin. As we went over the finish line then was a blip then suddenly I was in front of him, don't know what that was all about. Also I had a screen freeze when trying to let Reik by under blue flags and may have caused him a brief off road moment, sorry Reik:redface:.

But great fun and would jump at the chance to drive these again. Thank Brian and well done all.:thumbsup:

I was feeling tired after a long day out so decided to skip qualifying and start from the back and go for a Sunday evening drive.;) What a blast I had too. :)After the first lap I tucked in between Colin and Taj and while not at 100% commitment, I really enjoyed the racing eventually finishing in the top ten just by staying safe.
I did experience a strange occurrence when I was behind Colin. As we went over the finish line then was a blip then suddenly I was in front of him, don't know what that was all about. Also I had a screen freeze when trying to let Reik by under blue flags and may have caused him a brief off road moment, sorry Reik:redface:.

But great fun and would jump at the chance to drive these again. Thank Brian and well done all.:thumbsup:
Good race with you Paul :)

I have this occasional problem where my ping goes very high (300+) for about a minute towards the end of race. I've looked at my replay and all hell breaks out during my high ping moment and you magically are in front when it calms down. Wierd!

If anyone has any suggestions to what could cause my ping issue it then I'd be interested to here it.

If anyone has any suggestions to what could cause my ping issue it then I'd be interested to here it.
The only time I had a really high ping was in ACC, when my onedrive decided to re-upload 200 GB.
I didn't notice, since everything was working fine due to my download speed not being affected.
But the massive upload caused the ping to go up to 300 instead of 10-30.
Maybe there's some upload going on for you too?

Don't worry about that lapping situation mate. It was as bit optimistic by me and not handled carefully enough. So the nice off road drift was my own fault.

Afterwards I decided to cruise it home behind you to give you one more lap to attack the driver in front.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.