AC 60's LMP @ Riverside - Mon 25Jun18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wow, a race with these beauties! I would like to take part of the race, but, can I go with a gamepad? I play all the time with these cars on classic tracks, but I don't have a wheel, sadly. Plus, I don't know much about car settings. It will be my first online race, so I'm a total noob.

It wasn't all Ferrari, Ford and Porsche back then, remember the Matras? MS630, MS650 and MS670. LeMans winners in 72,73 and 74. Among the best sounding cars ever made. It would be great to have a little French blue on the grids.

There are many gaping holes in AC.

Although the same class, the wrong era for sure - if there was a 312PB and an Alfa Tipo 33 then absolutely, you need some aero there, else they'd run rings round this grid. I've wanted a 312PB forever...

Wow, a race with these beauties! I would like to take part of the race, but, can I go with a gamepad? I play all the time with these cars on classic tracks, but I don't have a wheel, sadly. Plus, I don't know much about car settings. It will be my first online race, so I'm a total noob.
Well, there isn't a requirement for a wheel in the rules per say, but you must be able to race clean and fair. When I tried to drive with a pad in AC it was a disaster, so will you be able to keep it on the road? Note that all of the assists are disabled for these races, no TC or ABS and no stability control.

So it's your choice if you like to try of course, but if it's your first race and you are driving with a gamepad, I'd recommend to try one of the easier events just to see how it goes, like a Tuesday, Thursday or a Friday.

Sorry guys, but I think I didn't chose the right moment -or race- to start my online career. I think I'll take part in one of these beginner races Eugene suggested. Have fun!

Not so good for me :( ..several large drops in frame rates before crashing me out ..I then lost connection for several seconds?..I am sure something was wrong my end and not with AC, this has never happened before :( ...congrads to the podiums ..see you all next time :thumbsup:

Unfortunate collision in T2 - racing incident, I braked a fraction too much I think & surprised a Ford when I turned in - but running back up through the field was fun & then what a fantastic battle with Lucas that was. This far apart at the line for P3..

29137216068_27e235da26_o_d.jpg

Missed some gears at times - lost P3 thanks to 5th not wanting to select, think my shifter has had it :(

Great event! thanks for organising.

Thanx everyone for joining and making a fantastic race. The 60's LMPs are truly amazing and provide with excellent competition. They will return again in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for that.
Next Sunday event with RSR at the Nords is HERE.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.