ACC 50 minute race with pitstop @ Kyalami - Monday 11th March

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
1709667701403.png

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to PM me or post on this thread.

Description
  • 50 minute GT3 race
  • 11 am in-game race start
  • Short formation lap - stay in the green marker
Drivers
  1. Michael Klengel
  2. Nasos Angelou
  3. Alexis Marty
  4. Ricardo Jorge
  5. Jay Clarke
  6. Rich Green
  7. Chris Swan
Results

Pitstop
  • Mandatory pitstops: 1
  • Pit window disabled
  • Refuelling allowed
  • Type change required
Weather
  • Overall: guaranteed sunny, minor cloud changes, same as practice server
  • Ambient temp: 22
  • Cloud level: 0.2
  • Rain: 0.0
  • Randomness: 3
Practice Server
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
  • Password: see below "How can I join this event"
Sessions
  • 20:00 GMT / 20:00 UTC 30 minute practice
  • 20:30 GMT / 20:30 UTC 15 minute qualifying
  • 20:45 GMT / 20:45 UTC 50 minute race
BoP (LFM V14)

ClassCarYearBallastChange
GT3Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo II20226 kg-1 kg
GT3Bentley Continental2018-16 kg-1 kg
GT3AMR V8 Vantage201918 kg-1 kg
GT3BMW M4 GT320218 kg-1 kg
GT3Ferrari 296 GT32023-11 kg-1 kg
GT3Honda NSX GT3 Evo2019-25 kg-1 kg
GT3Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO 22023-1 kg-1 kg
GT3McLaren 720S GT3 Evo202314 kg-1 kg
GT3Mercedes-AMG GT320204 kg8 kg
GT3Porsche 992 GT3 R20234 kg0 kg
GT3Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo2020-40 kg-1 kg

How can I join this event?
  • Premium members: Reply in this thread stating you want to join, I'll then add you to the list. Server password can be found here
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
All skill levels welcome but we ask that you can control the car and know the racing line around the track. Anyone driving in a dangerous manner may be removed from the server.

What do I need to know?
  • Club rules are enforced. Check them out here
  • We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair
  • Voice chat is available on the RD Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.
  • Please ensure your real name is set on you RD profile and matches your in-game

Last edited:
Kyalami always been a favourite of mine, great race this week really enjoyed it.
made a few tweaks to a set up I already had for the Aston which worked out well, Quali went as expected and was happy with my time, I see Rich Green getting within a tenth or two of my times in practice so I had to pull out the stops in Quali to stay ahead, Nasos and Michael had a better pace than me in the row ahead so my plan was to try keep them in sight as long as possible without wrecking tyres, managed to keep my gap between myself and Rich consistent, then noticed Nasos dive in pits early, so thought that may play out well for me towards end of race, and it did. Split the race in half with my pit strat, Rich stayed out longer so he had a bit more grip in the last few laps so kept me on my toes, Nasos did extremely well on tyres that must have been screaming at him, and he managed to pass me, but only to lose the rear end on turn 4, which gave me the spot back. Pit stop went well and had zero damage on entry, and I managed to maintain the gap between me and Rich when he exited pit after his stop, the only thing I could of worked out better was fuel, maybe a little too much but no big deal really. So yea congratulations podiums and all in all a fantastic Kyalami and snatched a P5.

Nice race for me too, and first podium in a RD race, so I was happy :D

But we were few pilots, so maybe it won't be the same in the next race :rolleyes:

Only did one litte mistake during the race (6 or 7 seconds lost due to a spin, but no position lost), so I'm pretty satisfied ! I think LFM (only one month in) made me more consistent, as I race more often and more seriously.

But, I was alone for 90% of the race :unsure: Would have loved some battles... ( @Antonpiou so sad that you spun, we were so close in Quali ! :O_o: ) But hey, I won't complain, P3 is nice for once ! :laugh:

Always a pleasure to race with you guys, can't wait for the next one ! See ya :cool:

Nice race for me too, and first podium in a RD race, so I was happy :D

But we were few pilots, so maybe it won't be the same in the next race :rolleyes:

Only did one litte mistake during the race (6 or 7 seconds lost due to a spin, but no position lost), so I'm pretty satisfied ! I think LFM (only one month in) made me more consistent, as I race more often and more seriously.

But, I was alone for 90% of the race :unsure: Would have loved some battles... ( @Antonpiou so sad that you spun, we were so close in Quali ! :O_o: ) But hey, I won't complain, P3 is nice for once ! :laugh:

Always a pleasure to race with you guys, can't wait for the next one ! See ya :cool:

"But, I was alone for 90% of the race"

THAT is the current bad situation with low numbers of drivers...
Don't know the reasons for the lack of participation. RD Premium? LFM?

"But, I was alone for 90% of the race"

THAT is the current bad situation with low numbers of drivers...
Don't know the reasons for the lack of participation. RD Premium? LFM?

Don't know, because honestly it's really fun to race with people like you, and it's "chill" and challenging at the same time. Maybe the lack of visibility, as some of you pointed recently, I don't know ...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.