3D Printed Lap Timer - Sim Hub dash, Racelogic Style

Misc 3D Printed Lap Timer - Sim Hub dash, Racelogic Style 2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello Dave,

I have the problem, that my Nextion 3.5 Display told me the "File Version is too low", so do I or do we need an update here?

The "SRR_LapTimer_01.tft" file was copied on root of the SD Card
got it! You have to update the TFT File in the Nextion Editor (not the Simhub Nextion Editor!!) just download the Nextion Editor from Nextion directly - open the TFT an save as "TFT output" then it will work :)

edit:
https://nextion.tech/nextion-editor/ download it and open the TFT - save it again as TFT. Should work.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,
I hope you are well?

I have a question, is it possible to write a .tft file for a Nextion 2.8 inch display?

Or if you can shear the hmi file so that I can edit it myself :)

Please let me know.
Regards, Dilan

Worth noting as it's not mentioned in the setup this is not going to work if you have the NX4832K035_011 models - key part of that is the "k035". This is the new discovery series lineup. This tft offered up generously is for the NX4832T035_011 models - the "t035" which is the basic. Easy way to know is if it's got a yellow board, it's the t035. Won't work and you're not crazy. If it's blue, it's compatible.

Same here. Can't get it to work in rF2. No idea why. Other pages are working fine. It's just the delta.
The rest works great. Great tutorial, 3d print etc :)

Edit: got it working for rF2 (needs some extra final touching tweaks. But delta works now)

For the rF2 users:
- In simhub go to the nextion binding editor.
- For the deltatime you can use this text value
Code:
[PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds]
- For the barpos
visibility
Code:
[PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds]>0
Value
Code:
[PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds]*100
- For the barneg
visibility
Code:
[PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds]<0
Value
Code:
[PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds]*100+100
Did you ever get around to tweaking these? Delta works, but the screen kind of overlays when it momentarily switches to lap time at the end of the lap.

Did you ever get around to tweaking these? Delta works, but the screen kind of overlays when it momentarily switches to lap time at the end of the lap.

Yeah I'm having that issue also after following Paulus-NL's advice. It works better than it did before but it doing strange things when you cross the line.

Posted a short clip of it, if anyone has a fix that would be great!

Yeah I'm having that issue also after following Paulus-NL's advice. It works better than it did before but it doing strange things when you cross the line.

Posted a short clip of it, if anyone has a fix that would be great!
That's exactly what mine does, kind of glad it's not just me

Hello,

Here are the changes to make.

In simhub go to the nextion binding editor.

- For the deltatime you can use this text value

Code:
[PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds]

- For the barpos

Value

Code:

[PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds]*100

- For the barneg

Value

Code:

[PersistantTrackerPlugin.SessionBestLiveDeltaSeconds]*100+100

It works at my house.
Bye.

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 103
Does anyone have the build video for this? It's disappeared. I printed the case, bought the Nextion display, switch and ProMicro Arduino, but now have no info on switch wiring etc. I have the downloaded .zip file, but I;m just confused why the YouTube instructional video became 'private'.

Cheers - Rob

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back