3 monitor set up query

Looking to move to a 3 monitor set up for ACC. Tbh, getting rather confused by all the info I've seen on how this hammers your PC and affects FPS. Aiming for 3x 27 inch 1440 screens - and I have a decent PC - Ryzen 5950 16 core cpu / RTX 3080 / 64GB ram. Does this sound Ok, or am I going to be dialling down the image quality and getting less than 60fps? Cheers in advance for any advice.

I don't have a 3080, but I believe you should be fine if your goal is 60fps. ACC supports DLSS and FSR, so you could enable that if you need a little extra frame boost (or just switch from EPIC to High settings).

Step 1:
Check your CPU Limit by either using DLSS at "Ultra Performance" or by setting your resolution to the lowest possible.
And ofc also disable any FPS limit (vsync, ingame limit, rtss, nvidia limit etc).
Do a normal race session, like you usually do.
Note down the fps you're getting and take 10% off for triple screen (more fov = more draw calls, also scene splitting for the correct perpectives).

Step 2:
Either disable DLSS and use the resolution slider in ACC or go into the nvidia control panel and activate DSR (not dldsr!).
Then simulate your new resolution to see your GPU fps.
Here are the factors/percent that you need:
1684518093275.png

Step 3:
Compare the CPU Limit fps to the GPU fps. Your real fps will be the lower number of them :)

Many thanks for the replies. Also looking at a 49" ultra wide as an option. Less hassle on the set up and likely to allow a bit more fps with 5120 vs 7680.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.