2nd hand GTX 1070 ti issues

cpubound

@Simberia
Just got my 2nd hand GTX 1070 ti, took out my gtx 1060 from fully functioning computer.
Placed in the 1070 and monitor says 'no signal'.

Then tried it in my other PC and again no signal.

Took it out and put in the 1060 again and all fine.

Hmmm. It did have 8 pins in it and 600 power supply so should be ok.

The 1070 didn't have any lights on it to tell if its even powered on so should it be safe to assume if 1060 works that this 1070 is broken?

Or is there something i have to do differently with a 1070?

The fans spin, right? If so, it's powered on at least minimally.

Maybe plug both cards in, download whatever monitor/overclocking utility the card manufacturer provides, and note if that's seeing the card? Not sure if two cards would conflict with that, but it's worth a try.

But it does sound like it's defective. :(

Last edited:
How many ports (hdmi, displayport, etc) does it have, have you tried all of them? In case it's just a bad port.

If you have it plugged in and the monitor connected to the motherboard so you can get into windows, you could download GPU-Z and see if it recognises the gpu. That might shed a bit more light as to why it's not working.

Update, turns out was a duff GPU. Took it back to the person i purchased it from and thankfully was a friend of a friend.
He reckons he'd checked it a while back but it had sat in a box for months (he trades GPU's).

Anyway he confirmed it was borked and as he had an RTX 2070, i ended up getting that instead.

All fitted and so far 2070 is working as i type.

Only reason i aksed was that at the time i thought it must me somethign i'd done wrong, but turns out it wasn't powering up hence no signal to TV.

Youtube was telling me me to reset BIOS by removing the battery... thank christ i didn't do that!

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 440 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 273 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 292 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 27.3%
Back