rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Adria - Monday January 9th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Qualy = I was hoping for a Top 3 Qualy Result after my good practice times. What do I get ? 3rd. 0.005 behind Pinky!

Race 1 = Got up to 2nd as Tom couldn't see the lights, had slight contact with Ole at Turn 2 but that lost me a position. A few laps later, I went on the grass going into Turn 1 (only slightly), did a half spin and lose a few places. Then 2 laps later I think, Tom went plowing into the back of me at Turn 1, no idea what he was thinking. I then have to wait to rejoin as Dave, Adam and some others were driving through.

Tom then slowed down letting a few people passed but didn't let me passed which I thought was odd. The rest of the race was catch up. I was at the back now with Dave and Valerio infront of me. With a few laps to go, I caught up to Valerio and passed him on the straight. Finished 9th.

Race 2 = Started 3rd again due to the reverse grid. Moved up to 2nd as Kariem went wide. Was following Ole and I managed to pass him on the straight after the hairpin. My lead was short lived though as I went wide 2 corners later and that was the last anyone saw of Ole in the race.

I made another small mistake after a few laps which allowed Steve passed. The rest of the race was the best defensive driving I have ever done. Kjell, Wayne and Nick were all right behind me. I had the same pace as Ole and Steve infront of me but I had to focus on trying to keep 3rd. Someone rear-ended me at Turn 2 but I stayed in 3rd. Nick had many chances but I was able to defend against all of them. Then Wayne and Kjell lost time as they made contact, sending Wayne flying.

I managed to keep my cool in the final few laps, in the penultimate corner, Nick dived down the inside and was ahead but I re-overtook at the final corner to keep 3rd and get my first ever RD rFactor Podium.

Thanks RD, Adam and Nick.

That was good fun... A little rusty having only done 6 race laps since the chaotic Most but finished the usual mid grid.
Race too i was probably holding everyone up :rolleyes: but it was a challenge, even with the collision/spin at the kink corner thing ( i hated that corner) , hope that didnt ruin your race Tom or Adam.. if it did i apologise :)

Cheers RD and Adam.

That was a great race and i want to thank you all of you because that race was clean (mistakes happens).

Qualy: With wrong transmition settings i was in 10th pos.

Race 1: I change settings in transmission and with some contacts and mistakes of the other drivers i was in 3rd place but in last lap the Myrvold run out of fuel and the 2nd place was mine.

Race 2: Started from 9th place (reversed grid) and moved up to 4th on the first lap (again contacts and mistakes from other drivers) so i was behind of Vanian with 2 sec difference.

The Nielsen was catch up me and he pass me ,he was have some battles with Vanian but Nielsen has lost control and i pass him, so Nielsen start a battle with Morgan (Morgan was behind of me) that actually end up with a contact with Morgan's car flipped, so the battle between me and Vanian has start.

Vanian was have a good defence possition, we do very good battles and in the last corner i've pass him but he have the inside of the corner and he defense his possition nice.

Thanks RD,Adam and Vanian ;)

Always fun races with this mod and RD members .
Best is that no points is count just fun race so the language in the forum after a race is good.
We all now if this races was in a liga with points then we have some bigger threads after a race.
If we get p1 or p8 in race is ok for me and all other i hope . so long we all have 2 3 cars to race fair and tight with is this races fun ;)

Well its not often i get 3rd & 2nd in these things :) (double podium whohoo)

Really enjoyable night for me, lots of clean moves and space given by everyone.

I havent raced at this circuit since the 1st (and 2nd, thanks Brad :) ) Toca on the Playstation so after a couple of laps it all came back to me.

Thanks to RD & Adam (great track picking matie)

Well, I got hoem late from work yesterday, and signed up for the event just before official practice. Managed to get a few laps in, then my internet connection went down!

Typical!
Sorry I never got back on, but I hope the racing was good fun :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.