AMS2 2019 Stock Car Brasil @ Velopark, Thursday 10th August

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
hey all, just a note for future that we ask people not to discuss incidents in the public forum, but talk directly with those involved to avoid things escalating unnecessarily....

I have reviewed the replay and personally I'm going to scratch it up as a racing incident as both drivers were taking a bit of a risk, but I'm happy to push the videos to the rest of the staff if you feel it needs another opinion. Vids in question if anyone is interested, but please, please keep further discussion in private:

Guys, just try and remember that this is a bit of fun club racing. There are no prizes to be gained or lost by a place and the best we can really get out of it is a bit of close racing for a few, or if we are really lucky, a lot of laps. Also try and remember that none of us are pro racers and we make mistakes, so please take that into account when you are close to someone else, especially if they are half way around the world from you. I know it's tricky because we want to race, but I also know none of us want to take others out in the process.

If you need any further perspective put on this, next time we are racing and you are near me, take some time to picture a grey haired old grandad in his PJs and slippers, with a block of plastic strapped to his head grinning like an idiot....

Last edited:
Sorry for posting it here Scott.
I agree fully with you and I like casual races a lot. I am not really fussed about incidents here at all - even this one - it’s just mental rather than emotional.
Even if they are outrageous as long as we are both chill about it and if someone clearly wrong we just apologise.
What lead me to want to address it was basically because I felt it already escalated quickly during voice chat and I did not wish for that.
Hope for incidents in future everyone myself included to be bit more chill and not confrontational in voice chat

Last edited:
It's fine mate. I think it's testament to the attitude of the group here that the 'no public posting' rule gets forgotten due to lack of use... and it's pretty normal to get a bit grumpy in the heat of the moment, as most people calm down after anyway.

My attitude to this is very similar to the way I approach incidents when motorcycling: don't go asking who is at fault, ask what you can do to avoid it happening in future. It doesn't matter a jot who is in the right when you are sitting in the gravel pointing the wrong way. And if you are patting yourself on the back for being 'in the right' frequently, then things aren't likely to improve in a hurry.

If someone is being a bit of a pr*ck, I'm going to figure it out pretty quickly from the chat and I'll be having a quiet word. Thankfully we have been spared such individuals and long may it continue!

I checked through the replays and you braked as late on the inside as you had been doing on the outside for multiple laps, there was no way you would have made that corner even if I had given you more space. Anyway, I'll leave it at that. It buggered up the tires unfortunately which is another thing in AMS2 these days entirely.

It buggered up the tires unfortunately which is another thing in AMS2 these days entirely.
I was fortunate enough not to have a problem with my tyres in this event, but it's clearly causing issues right now. Since this is one class of car and a sprint race, I'm wondering if just turning off the tyre wear is a suitable workaround until it gets looked at again by Reiza? It's not like it's an endurance where tyre strategy is important..... any thoughts?

Tbh, I dont think there's any problems with the tire model. Both me and Steve had no problems with the tires and in race two I had near 80% on all 4 after the 25 minutes, a little less in race 1. Steve also noted on discord his tires held up just fine. Are you guys certain you arent locking up, sliding too much or just generally abusing them too much?

I suspect it's due to locking up and spinning. Whilst personally I was fine in this car, I know from the Ultima that the tyre wear when locking up is much more pronounced than before, so anyone struggling to modulate their braking or having a spin is going to be disadvantaged far more with this current model. Whether or not it's now realistic I don't really know, but it's definitely a big step up from the previous behaviour, so I was just chucking it out there as an idea as it would have negligible impact to my own racing either way.

Just thinking out loud, but also maybe we figure out a max brake pressure / bias that helps alleviate the lockups in this class? I'll have a play over the weekend....

Are you guys certain you arent locking up, sliding too much or just generally abusing them too much?
Spun out and after that there was no saving the tyres anymore, once you get the bump going on it will just lock up with almost any brake pressure, so as soon as you try and start to push a race pace you are out of luck. And with these short races there's no point going to the pits when it puts you two laps down.

Spun out and after that there was no saving the tyres anymore, once you get the bump going on it will just lock up with almost any brake pressure
Don't suppose you know if setting the wear to zero stops this from happening? i.e. do you still get lockups at the flatspot anyway? I'm going to try and get some time to test over the weekend, but if anyone has any insight on this, I'm all ears. I haven't seen anything on the reiza forum, but neither have I been looking very hard....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.