2015 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure looks like if you get the start none of the mercedes drivers is able to challenge eachother what so ever :(

Well, in fairness, Lewis thus far has proven to be the better driver, Nico usually can't catch Lewis once he's in front. Lewis historically seems to struggle in Austria. He never looked that good in qualifying even though he did qualify first, he really struggled to get there and wasn't consistent like Nico. It was clear he couldn't challenge Nico during the race. I had my doubts that Lewis could have won the race even if he had gotten out in front of Nico at the start. As of today Nico has 3 wins this season and Lewis has 4 but considering what happened in Monaco, it should have been Nico with 2 and Lewis with 5. Quite simply, the Mercedes cars are evenly matched, Lewis is the better driver between the two but drivers just tend to be better on some tracks than others and Lewis couldn't match Nico in Austria.

Lewis hasn´t been able to touch Nico when he is in front either. It´s what I am saying they are to equally matched in the same car to challenge eachother. Whoever gets first through T1 wins the race.

You seem to forget Bahrain, Japan, Austin in 2014 ;)
2014. When the races were still more entertaining compared to now. The aero of the cars improved so much that they actually need clean air now at all times otherwise they lose a ton of performance and cornering grip. (at least for the Merc, I believe Lewis was stuck behind Vettel in Spain saying he can't get past despite the long straight plus DRS)

2014. When the races were still more entertaining compared to now. The aero of the cars improved so much that they actually need clean air now at all times otherwise they lose a ton of performance and cornering grip. (at least for the Merc, I believe Lewis was stuck behind Vettel in Spain saying he can't get past despite the long straight plus DRS)
Spain never offered overtaking, because of the fast last corner which causes the cars to lose grip in the dirty air. As of the dirty air, Vettel stayed very close to Massa in the last laps.

This year Lewis is in his own planet (7 out of 8 poles, 5 wins effectively), as he was last year, especially in the races. Nico is nowhere near Lewis. And to be exact this race was the first he won fairly alongside Lewis without starting on pole. The races he has won having not started from pole are:
  • Silverstone 2013: Lewis had a puncture, Vettel's car failed
  • Melbourne 2014: Lewis out of the race due to failure
  • Austria 2014: Still started way ahead of Lewis
  • Monaco 2015: Pitstop mistake for Lewis
He also won in Brazil 2014 after Lewis's mistake, in Germany 2014 after Lewis's problems in qual and Monaco 2014 because of the sneaky mistake (doesn't matter if he did it on purpose, he got an advantage from it).

You can't say that the two drivers are equal.

I didn't say anywhere that they are equal ;) Lewis this season has been dominant in all areas, quali, race, tyre and fuel management.. last year, Nico was quicker over one lap, but this year he for some reason stepped down.. but I hope this win will boost him up again!
Misunderstanding then ;)

I didn't say anywhere that they are equal ;) Lewis this season has been dominant in all areas, quali, race, tyre and fuel management.. last year, Nico was quicker over one lap, but this year he for some reason stepped down.. but I hope this win will boost him up again!
I've been seeing Rosberg driving since 2006, he's naturally a very aggressive and
competitive driver. Up until last year at Spa he was this very assured guy that would
take on Hamilton anytime of the day. After that, he sort of went soft, until Sunday past.
I hope, for greater spectacle, that he is back to his best.
I don't deny that Hamilton is an elemental driver a natural talent, but he has
always had a good car underneath him. I'd love to see him compete with a weaker team as
Rosberg was doing for years, I'm sure he'd break.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes