2014 Red Bull RB10

The car is not slow at all! I am quite surprised from first two practice sessions!
Plus more importantly it is reliable so far now

I'm sure Vettel will find his way back to the top step of the podium.

Today has proven that the car is in decent shape.

I'm curious to see how Vettel does the next race. Ricciardo too.

I think Daniel could give Seb a run for his money one day.

The Toro Rossos weren't that bad either.

Considering a 100kg fuel limit, and the race being more or less 1 hour and a half long, even with the second formation lap and the pace car you'd use around 66kg/h on average.

So even if Ricciardo's car went over 100kg/h (and I doubt it was a high amount, perhaps 10kg/h or so at the peak), he would have had to save fuel for a longer time than the other cars.

So overall race time would have been more or less the same. You could argue that without those higher consumption peaks (and therefore power) he might have been passed by some cars (Magnussen, perhaps more in the first few laps), but with his pace, he could have gotten ahead with tyre strategies.

TL;DR: I don't think he gained any race pace with this, at most a position to Magnussen.

[tinfoilhat]Unless...Red Bull have fitted a hidden fuel tank and they used way more than 100kg.[/tinfoilhat]. Unlikely, since it would be easy to see in the telemetry, if someone used more than 100kg.

Fuel flow rate isn't there to save fuel, and flow rate varies through strategy and driving conditions.

It is there as a power restriction, so it is likely that running over the 100kg/h would have given him some kind of power advantage.

He would have had more power, but only for a limited time. After that he'd have to save fuel for a longer time than the other drivers, since he would have spent more fuel in order to get more power.

I'm not claiming it did not gain him any advantage, having a higher power peak might have allowed him to defend position at the start, and when Magnussen reached him near the end of the race. But his pace was probably the same than with the proper fuel flow limit.

From what I read, Red Bull were given warnings DURING the race that he was going over, and they had chosen to ignore it.

F1 has NEVER been about doing what the rules say, but doing what they rules don't say. With that in mind, where every little advantage no matter how much you push the rule is what every team is striving for, that Red Bull likely intentionally ran over, and ignored it, hoping for a warning. This time, they gambled and lost.

News just in:

Red Bull have announced a new technical partnership, aimed at assisting with their recent heavy flow problems...

upload_2014-3-21_9-44-23.png

:D:D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes