2013 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha this comment made me giggle to my self like a young school girl.
I’d take a processional race where everyone is pushing for most of the 50-some laps over a processional race where everyone is pushing for 5-10 laps at most, any single day…

FIA checking the floor of Alonso's car or something like that :O_o:
Hmm I wonder why? Doubt its excesive floor wear, didn't see the Ferrari bottoming out. Odd.

I don't know why people moan about too many pitstops? It adds more fun and tension for me. There was always strategies in F1, no one was racing in qualifying pace or such..
For some people, old is always better. But i believe recent years have been fantastic. Nothing is ruined. Maybe addition of refueling would make Pirelli tyred races even more fantastic! :)

Some rules and regulations will always work better for "some" teams. They have to adapt. Mercedes have no right to complain if Lotus or Ferrari can use these tyres.

Bridgestone.....please come back...

Easily the most boring and weirdest race yet. But, once again Magic Alonso is just ridiculous on the opening lap.
It looks like he´s got 100kg less the in the car the way he tosses it around in the beginning, and with no apparent penalty to the tires either!

The Ferrari is very very quick now, it´s the perfect blend of Red Bull and Lotus really.
I don´t think Vettel´s lead will stay for much long, i think this is Alonso´s year to lose.

Mercedes Mercedes Mercedes......surely there must be a record by now in poles vs **** races.
I didn´t know if i should cry or laugh when i saw Hamilton fighting a Williams...

Get rid of the DRS at least, the tires will provide enough overtakes without that thing.

Ferrari had to bring forward the final stop for Alonso because of a slow puncture. That really could have been a disaster and once again, pirelli's tyres are behaving dodgy. How many punctures and tyre failures have we seen so far this year?

aside from being a sad race as a fan of lewis hamilton, i didn't enjoy this race much. there will be some fun racing still this season and bahrain was fantastic. however, it struck me in this race that just about every single driver was competing with his tyres rather than any other driver. any overtakes were pointless in defending as the tyres ruled the show. one lock up and the tyres were gone. the fact that there were more punctures AGAIN is just ridiculous. it's crossed the line now. i can't blame pirelli for trying to give the fia what they wanted but even they acknowledged 4 stops is too much and surely punctures in practise is too much. at least i learned a new word recently - an ambitious word - "delamination".

U MAD BRO U MAD! U MAD

YES BEST RACE!

Lotus has told RedBull you can go as far as you want with all mediums.!

SUCK IT REDBULL! GO CRY TO PIRELLI NOW

40+ SECONDS was it or is it? lOL...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

---@Tom Endres and ur minions...maybe if Vettel would of, should of, have taken a ****, he would of been on podium, for sho..

oh! woot.
I'm not even a Vettel fan so I'm not sure I'm the one (even tho you weren't even able to use tags correctly but whatever) you want to insult...but it was perfectly clear that you'd now find the race exciting, since Alonso won. I'm laughing at you every time I see you
  • raging because Alonso didn't win
  • laugh at others because Alonso did win
:)

Anyway, keep your tone down - just a side-note. We don't need caps lock either. This is a mature forum, so either be mature yourself or stay away. Thanks!

it was a boring race? ... oh some people :)

when there's not much action going on people moan about it being so crap and a snooze fest, then when there's 4 pitstops, loads of action, it's still boring... yeah right.

Think i must be on a different planet to some people :)

was a great race and a well deserved win for Alonso, was expecting Mercedes to drop down the grid but not by that many slots, they really have their work cut out for monaco.

It was exactly the same at this time last year and yet at the end of the season, they were 1- or 2-stopping most of the races.
exactly..at the end of the season. i think we now have so many talented drivers who are on a similar level, it would be really nice to see them race to see who is consistently faster. when alan prost, senna and mansell raced, there was still strategy but they were driving far closer to 100%. the drivers don't understand what's happening to the tyres. it's become about the engineering race to understand. there was already a debate about f1 being too much about the car rather than the driver...but now we have the tyre, the engineers and the driver last in that order of importance.

no doubt you will tell me that the driver is most important but he is relying too much on others finding the answers. no driver understands these tyres. if it's not thermal degredation it's graining. everyone is hyping up the engine changes for next year ..saying mercedes will be strong etc. however, at this rate, the engine will be secondary.

next year the teams need to analyse the race calendar, study track surfaces and decide which will have the greater impact over the season - thermal deg or graining (there's is still weather/temp changes due to "chance" to consider) and then design a car which will suit the tyres rather than just make it the most powerful. millions will be spent researching how to make a tyre friendly car. thats fine if the majority are happy with that. in my opinion, i've always loved f1 for strategy and to see which cars and drivers can go fastest the most consistently over the course of a race - pushing the limits as far as are humanly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes