2012 UEFA European Championship

Iniesta was not offside. Clearly seen in HD on TV. Navas being able to score after Iniesta's pass was a new situation which had nothing to do with with the earlier offside. They wouldn't have grabbed Iniesta as well.

The only foul was the handplay from Iniesta.

The goal should not have been allowed, but not from offside.

I can't see the handball clearly on the replays, but someone said because Navas took part in the play and was offside the goal shouldn't have counted which is kind of what I'm arguing. Illegal or not if he's that obviously offside then why should he be allowed to participate in the play? I think FIFA should take a look at the rule book if that's allowed.

I'm not an expert, but as far as I know, the offside is only checked at the moment of the pass. When Iniesta passed it to Navas, Navas wasn't offside, and that's all it takes.

As for hands, Iniesta hits it with the shoulder, at most. At least from the replays I can see.

I'll be honest though. Seeing how Spain played the whole match, I was kind of rooting for Croatia. It wasn't a good match at all.

There needs to be goal line technology. I feel sorry for the Ukrainian players as they will probably be sent out of this competition unfairly and due to complete negligence from FIFA. Football is the most popular sport in the world and it shouldn't be ruined by stupidity.

Well, 2 years ago we were lucky when this incident occured during the GER - ENG game.

line.jpg

Now England is lucky the other way around. Karma, uh? :D

I think there's no offside in the Spanish goal, the trouble was the penalty 1 min before not given to Croatia.

We already are used to some subtle help to Spain and if Platini says, http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/77373/Platini_tips_a_Spain_v_Germany_final.aspx, when the president of the Spanish Football Federation is the UEFA head of referees committee, you can bet on that.

I wonder why you hate Spain/Spaniards that much, it's all the time negative comments, false accusations and stuff like that, regardless the sport.

Yes Spain controls the world and continuously conspirates to cheat, thanks for the insight Sergio.

Anyway was not offside at all, the ball goes to the other side of the field, time to take a look to the rules.

And the handball if existent, its really doubious because its either shoulder or handball. We would have pass anyway, but haters gonna hate.

I wonder why you hate Spain/Spaniards that much, it's all the time negative comments, false accusations and stuff like that, regardless the sport.

Yes Spain controls the world and continuously conspirates to cheat, thanks for the insight Sergio.

Anyway was not offside at all, the ball goes to the other side of the field, time to take a look to the rules.

And the handball if existent, its really doubious because its either shoulder or handball. We would have pass anyway, but haters gonna hate.

Probably some sort of Spain vs. Portugal thing. :p

I don't see why you think I hate Spanish people, I think I always respect you, even if most of times we don't agree and the next time please read better what I write, I said that for me the Spanish goal was not offside, the question was the penalty not given to Croatia and I just point one, the Spanish press said they were two.

That's doesn't mean I have to like all Spanish teams or sports people, just for give an example I really dislike F.Alonso but I was a big from Carlos Sainz, a true sportsman, even today when I see him drive the new VW Polo, he is still a joy to watch.

There needs to be goal line technology.

Don't expect that soon, with technology some people are not in control anymore! There's big money in state.

I suppose the second penalty is the tackle from Ramos? On replay he hits the ball first, although it was almost impossible to see from the referee's point of view. I got my doubts on that one, did it happen inside the area or outside? Either way, it was a very ugly tackle. And Busquets' penalty was clear, no discussion about that one.

Then again, there was a penalty on Piqué during a corner which wasn't mentioned. Plus plenty of fouls from both teams that supposedly nobody saw. I'd say refeeres have been completely awful in the matches I've watched. So I think it's not bias towards a team, just clear incompetence.

I'm sorry but...what? That clearly wasn't a penalty, mate.

On the bright side - MediaMarkt (electronics retailer, like HMV etc.) published their new ads.

thumbs_hornoxe.com_picdump263_029.jpg

(Do it the Dutch way, experience the grand finale in front of your TV.)

It's offensive, yet funny. Sorry. :D

Looks like a penalty.

Weren't the teams warned before the Euro Cup started that the referees would be a lot stricter in the areas, specially things like pulling? Well, they are doing a great job :thumbsup:

And on the subject of pulling, I'm on the opinion it should be a straight yellow, no ifs or buts. It's a completely voluntary foul, you don't pull someone by mistake.

I hope the referees are better in the quarters, but they probably won't.

I don't understand why Kuipers and Eriksson weren't allowed another match, but the fail called Skomina is still in the tournament. Missing two hands balls in the Holland - Denmark..

I think the chosen refs are all big fails from the UEFA..
Webb and Skomina are just plain bad.
While Proença and Rizzoli are from countries which are still in the tournament.

To my opinion the four remaining refs should have been:
Kuipers, Thomson, Kassai and Eriksson.
The mistake from Kassai in Eng - Ukr is not Kassai's fault but the fault of his assistant.
Worst ref of the tournament: Velasco Carballo.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 460 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 304 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.2%
Back