2012 Formula One Teammates Qualifying Battle

No, i feel that we should focus on the real speed of the guys and not some paperwork bs that pushes people down because of something that happened in the last race or in some practice.

An example would be De La Rosa, had one of his team crew on the track for too long, so he get´s a drive through.
It´s bs, give the team a reprimand by giving them a fine.

But yes, i do understand that is the way it is, what i´m trying to find out is the actual speed between drivers and what they can do on fumes in the tank compared to their teammate.

Yeah thats good :) Thats what I wanted to hear :)

Updated for China Grand Prix

• Hamilton is slowly edging away from Button now almost a second clear over 3 races.
  • Raikkonen managed to place himself above Grosjean for the first time this year.
  • Schumacher´s 6 tenths lead has now been eaten up by Nico but he´s still 0.05 seconds quicker.
  • Webber´s lead has actually decreased as Vettel went faster on his Q2 lap then Webber did on his Q3 lap.
  • Maldonado again slightly quicker, this time 0.006 seconds. Is 8 tenths away now.
  • Hulkenbergs 6 tenth lead is now down to almost 2 tenths after a strong qualifying from Paul.
  • Ricciardo just keeps getting away, now over 2 seconds clear of the new to F1 Jean Eric Vergne.
  • Alonso taking another 4-5 tenths and is now over 1.5s clear of Massa.
  • After a stunning performance Kobayashi has now taken of the Qualifying mantle from Perez.
  • Kovalainen again showing he is brilliant at qualifying by now almost being a second clear of Petrov.
  • Glock once again puts 5 tenths in between him and the newcomer Pic.
  • De La Rosa shows his experience, now 1.5 second clear of Narain.

Yes that is a good point, i will honor the drivers :) Will update soon!

The plan i had was to count the total qualifying time between teammates over a season.
That way we know exactly how many seconds a driver has managed to put between him and his teammate over a season.
So say -0.500s for Grosjean this time, next Quali Kimi is 1 second faster so the total will be -0.500 in favor of Kimi.

You could include both if you really loved us :D Nice thread btw!

Updated with Monaco Q.

Have bolded the "clean sweeps" which means you have literally dominated your teammate in qualifying.

Only guys with clean sweeps are Alonso, Hamilton and De La Rosa.

Oh and Sauber i´ve not counted as Perez binned the car and did not set a laptime.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%