2011 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vettel stuck his finger in his tire?

LOL that is funny.
I woke up late and turn the tv on and all i see is Lewis standing onthe podium while the national anthem is being played...BAHAHAHAHAH no RBR on podium, that equals a great sign of a great week ahead of us. amazing :)

good job lewis, alonso, jenson.....kinda of wish there were more races. after Brazil im gonna miss the non-rbr win races :(

Im surprised this place hasnt lit up with Vettel haters, and I am even an hour behind on the DVR because I was waiting for my son to wake up to watch it. Cars 2 has expanded his view on auto racing, instead of just NASCAR, now he wants badly to watch "Francesco race cars"

Talking about that, I'm having an argument with some people...

Basically they're saying that Petrov was holding up Lewis and should have been given a penalty, I mean, really ?

By the way, that could be explained by the fact that they are Senna and Hamilton fans...

Vettel's luck finally wore out and once he was out of the race it was a pretty straight forward win for Hamilton who was the most consistent driver all weekend. Alonso drove a solid race and while Ferrari may not have the qualifying speed that Red Bull and McLaren have, all season long they have shown they do have a good race pace. Too bad Button had KERS issues. He might have been able to challenge Alonso. But we will never know. At times Webber looked good and at other times he looked tentative. Webber's bad 2nd pit stop looked like it would cost him a spot, but Massa's spin soon after solidified the Aussie in 4th place. Not the most interesting race from a passing/drama point of view. But it is an interesting venue and pretty cool to see a race start in the sun and finish under the moon.

Talking about that, I'm having an argument with some people...

Basically they're saying that Petrov was holding up Lewis and should have been given a penalty, I mean, really ?

By the way, that could be explained by the fact that they are Senna and Hamilton fans...

The strange thing in that that I only saw him holding up Alonso, but not that much that it should be penalized. Petrov was fine imo. The worst were the Williams drivers clearly, both of them.

As great as it was to finally have someone else win, the fact that the only way this was going to be possible if Vettel had an accident like he did today shows how far ahead RBR is on everyone. Vettel had really pulled away by the second turn where he spun out. (Note: I am not a Vettel fan nor hater, so it's not like i'm 'Yeah people can only beat him when his engine blows up/ tire has a puncture/ etc, but I'm not like, "Yeah about time Vettel lost!")

Surprising to see Webber finally come out with a good performance. He kept getting fast lap after fast lap in the second half of the race. I think it may have been possible for him to get on the podium if he had switched to primes instead of options on his second stop.

Oh, and it was great to see Alonso come in second. He could've taken the lead on the second set of stops, but an average stop by his crew practically denied that.

Overall, great race. Bring on Brazil!

I would say it shows how far ahead Vettel is, not RBR in general, Webber is driving the same car and is doing his best to run with the top guys, Vettel is blowing their proverbial doors off. I was really hoping it was just a flat Vettel had, I would have loved to see what he could have done from the back of the pack. Either way, Lewis got a win, happy about that, though he didnt seem to Jazzed about it, had this look on his face like "didnt even have to fight anyone, how does Vet enjoy this?"

The strange thing in that that I only saw him holding up Alonso, but not that much that it should be penalized. Petrov was fine imo. The worst were the Williams drivers clearly, both of them.

Alonso lost more than a second with Maldonado. A blue flag has to be respected in the first chance you have, or this is what the FIA rules says.

Boring race apart from the first lap. The double DRS zone just cancelled out any overtakes made in the first long straight, it would take someone with half a braincell to work that one out before the weekend. Hamilton just replaced Vettel as the run away leader and there was barely any passing apart from in pitstops. Yawn, bring on Interlagos where there's always a brilliant race awaiting us!

Boring race apart from the first lap. The double DRS zone just cancelled out any overtakes made in the first long straight, it would take someone with half a braincell to work that one out before the weekend. Hamilton just replaced Vettel as the run away leader and there was barely any passing apart from in pitstops. Yawn, bring on Interlagos where there's always a brilliant race awaiting us!

Personally I don't like calling the races boring since I love the cars. But you are correct in saying that Hamilton just replaced Vettel as the run away winner. Alonso had a good race, but not once did he ever come close to seriously being a treat to Hamilton. Imagine Vettel was not even in the race (not hard to do since he was only in it for 15 seconds) and it was just as if Hamilton was on pole and stormed away from the field from the get go.

I doubt we will ever know what really happened to Vettel's tire. In the BBC post race coverage the Red Bull people did not have any answers. Of course one wonders if they would even tell the world if they knew what happened. Red Bull and McLaren are somewhat open to talking to the media (unlike Ferrari who goes into hiding after each race), but even Red Bull and McLaren have their secrets they try to keep.

Personally I don't like calling the races boring since I love the cars. But you are correct in saying that Hamilton just replaced Vettel as the run away winner. Alonso had a good race, but not once did he ever come close to seriously being a treat to Hamilton. Imagine Vettel was not even in the race (not hard to do since he was only in it for 15 seconds) and it was just as if Hamilton was on pole and stormed away from the field from the get go.

I doubt we will ever know what really happened to Vettel's tire. In the BBC post race coverage the Red Bull people did not have any answers. Of course one wonders if they would even tell the world if they knew what happened. Red Bull and McLaren are somewhat open to talking to the media (unlike Ferrari who goes into hiding after each race), but even Red Bull and McLaren have their secrets they try to keep.

surprised nobody suggested foul play - 1st thing which sprung to my mind. also, why did webber keep trying drs in first zone and then getting overtaken? like someone said, obviously less than half a brain cell. i remember webber playing down hamilton's talen in his first season - saying anyone could win in a top car...well he hasn't been doing too well has he?lol great win for hamilton. him (when he's on his game) and vettel are in a league of their own.now pussycat's gone, it should be interesting next season!

After sector 1, the track needs to be redesigned...almost no overtaking spots...its just so tightly compressed. but great win for Lewis...this is what should of been in 2010....if only.... :frown:

Idk that the track is tight enough after sector 1, I belive it is very easy for drivers to defend there. Button proved that battling on Sector 2 is very exciting but many prefer to wait until the DRS zone. It saves both the car and the tires so it is the best strategy to go for.

If their were no DRS zones here then I am sure we could see Force India and Toro Rosso battling in sector 2 and 3 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%