2010 24 Hours of Le Mans

Yes nice event... after finishing my RD FPWS compromise went straight to watch it fully until the end.

Some "poetic justice" in there and some real bad luck... like the different (a few weeks ago) Nurburgring one, a true endurance event.:wink:
We could even almost forget the all joke regulation giving the big brands a diesel advantage (kind of like last year... those "pesky little" Porsche are going too fast?...They can win overall?... make them stop 2x times more in the pit).
German strategy of going with proved/known race strategy/technology paid of... :)
Although a bit incomprehensible Peugeot strategy (cars blowing one after the other), my "hat's off" for the “all or nothing strategy”, at least it gave the race a true interest/thrill after the 16th hr for LM P1.

The all GT2 C6R thing was a bad joke... 3rd placed P1 going for an inside line at a single line zone of the track at a GT race leader... :mad:

Even the RD rules are clear on this, the guy overtaking has to make sure of the safety of the overtake... Any racer knows that zone is a fast single line zone (unless the front racer has noticed the other car and has both given room and slowed down off line, not the case). Some joke journalists talking about 1/2 car inside...:rolleyes:… Try that above 200k between walls and then talk back, I'm all with T. Coronel pov on this one (near race end interview).
Anyway a solid win in the GT’s by the “usual” team/car…

A pity seeing the emptiness of GT1 class by race finish, we all like the SR7/DB9R/C6R (GT1 version)... In truth there was only a single class of GT's at this year Le Mans. As the LM GT1 rules were so tight it moved those cars into the GT2 race pace (now everyone is ready to kill the class... “see they are as slow as the GT2-3 no point on having them”).

Definitely overall a good/enjoyable event, cheers,

Yes nice event... after finishing my RD FPWS compromise went straight to watch it fully until the end.

Some "poetic justice" in there and some real bad luck... like the different (a few weeks ago) Nurburgring one, a true endurance event.:wink:
We could even almost forget the all joke regulation giving the big brands a diesel advantage (kind of like last year... those "pesky little" Porsche are going too fast?...They can win overall?... make them stop 2x times more in the pit).
German strategy of going with proved/known race strategy/technology paid of... :)
Although a bit incomprehensible Peugeot strategy (cars blowing one after the other), my "hat's off" for the “all or nothing strategy”, at least it gave the race a true interest/thrill after the 16th hr for LM P1.

The all GT2 C6R thing was a bad joke... 3rd placed P1 going for an inside line at a single line zone of the track at a GT race leader... :mad:

Even the RD rules are clear on this, the guy overtaking has to make sure of the safety of the overtake... Any racer knows that zone is a fast single line zone (unless the front racer has noticed the other car and has both given room and slowed down off line, not the case). Some joke journalists talking about 1/2 car inside...:rolleyes:… Try that above 200k between walls and then talk back, I'm all with T. Coronel pov on this one (near race end interview).
Anyway a solid win in the GT’s by the “usual” team/car…

A pity seeing the emptiness of GT1 class by race finish, we all like the SR7/DB9R/C6R (GT1 version)... In truth there was only a single class of GT's at this year Le Mans. As the LM GT1 rules were so tight it moved those cars into the GT2 race pace (now everyone is ready to kill the class... “see they are as slow as the GT2-3 no point on having them”).

Definitely overall a good/enjoyable event, cheers,

João Andias;551642 said:
Although a bit incomprehensible Peugeot strategy (cars blowing one after the other), my "hat's off" for the “all or nothing strategy”, at least it gave the race a true interest/thrill after the 16th hr for LM P1.​
Hi, Joao
sorry, i can't understand what would you said, you can explain to me please (i think, i'm not agree with you but i want to be sure before :tongue:)

Gaëtan Legastelois;551824 said:
Hi, Joao
sorry, i can't understand what would you said, you can explain to me please (i think, i'm not agree with you but i want to be sure before :tongue:)

He means that he cant understand what/why the Peugeots were doing what they was doing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.