2009 Grand Prix motorcycle racing

He's gonna race, he says he feels fit.

Lorenzo feels fit enough to race

Jorge LorenzoJorge Lorenzo is confident that he will be fit enough to complete today's United States Grand Prix after assessing his fitness in the warm-up.

The Yamaha rider had just taken pole position when he suffered a violent high-side yesterday, leaving him with leg and shoulder injuries.

He declared that he was keen to race if possible, and would make a decision following the warm-up.

Having managed 13 laps and taken fifth place in this morning's session, Lorenzo feels comfortable enough to take take the start later this afternoon.

A Yamaha team statement said that Lorenzo "has some pain in his shoulder but is receiving as much help as possible from the Clinica Mobile and circuit doctors and is confident of being able to take part."

He will start from pole position ahead of his title rivals Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner.

Autosport.com

I dont think Lorenzo feels pain! A true sportsman, just like Pedrosa, crashes at over 100mph and still gets up and races on. While Mr.Ronaldo gets paid £1 million a month for falling over every 10minutes and wearing fake tan!

Anyway back on-topic, cant wait for the race. I hope the Repsol boys can keep up with the top 3 this time, it is starting to get a bit predictable (who will finish in the top 3, just not the positions!) Also hoping for a good finish for JT and especially Nicky!!

• Wido Rossen

MotoGP 2009 - Round 9: Sachsenring

Germany will host round 9 of the MotoGP on the 19th of July

sachsenring.jpg

Track facts:
Length: 3.671 m
Width: 12m
Right corners: 4
Left corners: 10
Longest straight: 780 m.

Track Records:
MotoGP 1'23.082 – D. Pedrosa (SPA), ’07, Honda
250cc 1'24.762 – M. Kallio (FIN), ’07, KTM
125cc 1'26.909 – G. Talmacsi (HUN), ’07, Aprilia

2008 winners:
MotoGP C. Stoner (AUS), Ducati
250cc M. Simoncelli (ITA), Gilera
125cc M. Di Meglio (FRA), Derbi

• Wido Rossen

MotoGP 2009 - Round 10: Donington

Rossi and friends come to Donington on July 26

donington.jpg

Track Facts:
Pole Position: Left
Length: 4 023 m
Width: 10 m
Right corners: 7
Left corners: 4
Longest straight: 564 m

Circuit Records:
MotoGP 1'28. 714 – D. Pedrosa (SPA), ’06, Honda
250cc 1'32.474 – M. Simoncelli (ITA), ’08, Gilera
125cc 1'37.312 – A. Bautista (SPA), ’06, Aprilia

Lorenzo: Yamaha offer not good enough

Jorge Lorenzo says he is ready to delay a decision on his future, claiming he is worth more than what his Yamaha team is offering him.

The Spaniard is currently fighting for the title with team-mate Valentino Rossi, who is 14 points ahead after the first nine races of the season.

Yamaha rival Honda has expressed an interest in Lorenzo, but the former 250cc world champion said his main priority is staying with his current team.

Lorenzo, however, said after yesterday's German Grand Prix that he feels Yamaha's offer is not good enough.

"I don't know, I think that we need to wait some more," Lorenzo told Italia1 television when asked about his future.

"I feel very proud that people are interested in me. But I think I'm one of the riders who can beat Valentino in the future.

"I'm fighting with him at the moment, and I think my worth is greater than what Yamaha is offering me at the moment. We'll see what happens in the future."

Rossi, meanwhile, said he was not sure if it was better to have Lorenzo as a team-mate or not.

"I've thought a lot about it, whether it's better to have him in Yamaha or in Honda," he said. "I don't know. There are pluses and minuses each way. In any case I think he will be a tough rival to beat whether he rides either with our bike or with another team."

Rossi also denied Lorenzo did not get the same bike upgrades as him.

"That's not true, the bikes are identical," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "In any case, it's normal that I have with Yamaha a relationship he doesn't have: when I arrived in 2004 I found a bike that hadn't won for 12 years and it was crap.

"Now we have the best bike. Lorenzo can't pretend to arrive, win, and in two years be as important as Valentino."

He added: "It's easy to be in his conditions: he fights against Valentino Rossi, one of the strongest riders ever, so he goes for it and if he loses he tries again. Meanwhile, this year we are 6-3 in my favour. Good, I like that. He's a tough nut with enormous talent."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77094

Rossi wins thrilling Sachsenring race

Valentino Rossi won a thrilling race at the German Grand Prix. Rossi had to fend of his teammate Jorge Lorenzo throughout the entire race aswell as Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner.

Rossi got of to a great start from his Pole position and lead the first part of the race but had to let Stoner through for a while before he retook the lead on lap 17. At that point both Stoner and Pedrosa started to struggle and slowly dropped of the Yamaha pair and the fight for the win was between "The Doctor" and young Lorenzo. A battle that Rossi won in the end.

Pedrosa came over the finish line in 3rd to score another podium for the Repsol Honda squad. Stoner, who still isn't feeling 100% fit, came in 4th.

The Gresini Honda drivers, Alex De Angelis and Toni Elias, had a great day and finished 5th and 6th respectivly. Elias drove a brilliant race to come from the back of the pack to his fine finishing position.

Marco Melandri, Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards and James Toseland rounded of top 10.

Attachments

• motogp logo.jpg
    motogp logo.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 206
Great race! Rossi can never be written off until the chequered flag drops.

Commentators mentioned that Lorenzo wants and expects to be given number 1 rider status in the team and a huge increase in pay. Must take a monumental ego to demand this when the other rider in the team is Rossi. :) He reminds me of Alonso when he started out, maybe Lorenzo will also mature a bit when he's eaten some more humble pie.

They also mentioned the possible return of the Moviesatar Honda team to which Lorenzo's name is also linked. Lorenzo is supposed to make a decision by the end of the week in regards to his future. Just another reason to look forward to this weekends British Grand Prix at Donigton Park.

Also, Marco Melandri is rumored to return to the Gresini Honda team for next season along side the already signed MotoGP Rookie, Marco Simoncelli, for an all Italian lineup. This would of course leave both Toni Elias and De Angelis out of a job. I believe this would be a good move for Melandri, not only getting him onto more competitive machinery, but also taking him out of the Hayate team whose future in MotoGP is rather uncertain.

Rumors have also kicked up again about the Aspar team joining the ranks of the MotoGP grid. It is said that machine previously run by Sete Gibernau will belong to the Aspar team next season, possible with Alvaro Bautista as the rider.

Scott Honda has also announced that they are wanting to run two bikes next season, which has lead to rumors of Aoyama joining the MotoGP ranks in for 2010 as well.

Rumor season is of to an early start this year, with 9 rounds to go!

On another note, I was positively thrilled seeing Nicky Hayden take fourth in qualifying. It's been a long time coming, but it does appear as though he might slowly be coming to grips with the Desmosedici. Unfortunately he got hung out to dry in turn one dropping him from 4th to 14th. Never the less, I felt it was a very good weekend for him and hope to see another strong performance from him at Donington Park this weekend.

Casey also looked much better in the race. The colder temperatures seemed to help him in a big way. Unfortunately tire problems saw him drop back a ways towards the end he eventually settled for 4th.

Still have a long ways to go in the season and Rossi by no means has this one in the bag just yet. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 4.7%