2001 NASCAR Winston Cup Series

Skins 2001 NASCAR Winston Cup Series 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
TitaniumMotor submitted a new resource:

2001 NASCAR Winston Cup Series - 118 skins from the 2001 season for the CUP2000 mod

View attachment 545697

118 skins included from the 2001 season. I upscaled and retextured a small handful of these skins that were originally made for an EA title.

CUP2000 cars can be downloaded here.

Thanks to Teamom3ga for the original mod and allowing this conversion to AC, champ4811 for painting this set with additional skins from VincentGiac426, Firebird93, sticks, EA, and myself...

Read more about this resource...

Hello. I'm fairly new to this. I want to make a season roster and I'm trying to understand the directions that was left in this post on how to do so. Is there any YouTube videos describing what's being said or a more in-depth describtion on how to do so? Thanks

Hello. I'm fairly new to this. I want to make a season roster and I'm trying to understand the directions that was left in this post on how to do so. Is there any YouTube videos describing what's being said or a more in-depth describtion on how to do so? Thanks
There are no additional descriptions that I am aware of. I'll try to explain a bit more.

Before I do though, I want to say that there are a few things you can do to control what cars you are racing against without making car file copies.

First thing you can do is make a direct lineup by choosing Grid type: Custom and adding cars to the lineup with the '+' button next to Opponents. Then if you click the button to the right of '+', you can manually choose which skin is being used for each car added. Once you have a lineup set, you should click 'Save preset' so that you can easily load this lineup again.

Another thing you can do to race random cars from one specific year is choose Grid type "Random>Manual". Now just make sure you have only the cars present from the year you want by using the filter or just removing all cars and adding the ones you need (for instance, you could add all cars as candidates, then make the filter "2000 NASCAR". After this, to make only skins appear for 2001 for instance, click the button to the right of '+', and set the "Random skins filter:" to "name:2001".

Now on to copying car files...

More in-depth car copying guide:
Essentially all you are doing is making a copy of a car's folder for each season. The problem for Assetto Corsa is that a car folder's name is baked into its data.acd file (some cars have this file, others have the file unpacked as the data folder). So to get around this issue, we need to first unpack the data.acd file before copying the whole car folder.

You can unpack the file in Content Manager by going to 'CONTENT' on the top right, and then searching for the car in the 'cars' tab. Once you have the car selected, there is a 'Unpack data' button on the bottom.

With the data folder unpacked, you can now make copies of the car and rename the new car folder to whatever you want. However, you must delete the data.acd from this new copy (leaving just the data folder). Just add the skins for this car and adjust the ui/ui_car.json so that it is not the same as the one you copied.

Finally, you need to change the new car's sound file. This is also easy to do with Content Manager. From the same area you unpacked the data.acd file, there is a 'Replace sound' button. Select the original car to get its sound file for the new copy and you should be good to go!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea