ACC 2 x GT2 sprint races with reverse grid @ Monza - Monday 15th April

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Monza.jpg

Cars.jpg

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to PM me or post on this thread.

Description
  • GT2, ST and CHL cars are all in the same class
  • Starting grid for race #2 is a reverse of the results from race #1
  • 1 pm in-game race #1 start
  • 2 pm in-game race #2 start
  • Short formation lap - stay in the green marker
Drivers
  1. Michael Klengel
  2. Nasos Angelou
  3. Harry Brooks
  4. Alexis Marty
  5. Jay Clarke
  6. Jordan Verhofstadt
  7. Rich Green
  8. Johann Schröder
  9. Ricardo Jorge
  10. Mikko Hokajärvi
Results

Pitstop
  • No mandatory pitstops
  • Refuelling allowed
Weather
  • Overall: guaranteed sunny, minor cloud changes, same as practice server
  • Ambient temp: 18
  • Cloud level: 0.6
  • Rain: 0.0
  • Randomness: 2
Practice Server
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
  • Password: see below "How can I join this event"
Sessions
Servername​
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM | Racing Club | Race #1 | Monza​
19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST30 minute practice
19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST15 minute qualifying
19:45 UTC / 20:45 BST20 minute race #1
20:05 UTC / 21:05 BST10 minute practice (prep for race #2)

Servername​
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM | Racing Club | Race #2 | Monza​
20:15 UTC / 21:15 BST10 minute practice
20:25 UTC / 21:25 BST20 minute race #2

How can I join this event?
  • Premium members: Reply in this thread stating you want to join, I'll then add you to the list. Server password can be found here
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
All skill levels welcome but we ask that you can control the car and know the racing line around the track. Anyone driving in a dangerous manner may be removed from the server.

What do I need to know?
  • Club rules are enforced. Check them out here
  • We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair
  • Voice chat is available on the RD Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.
  • Please ensure your real name is set on you RD profile and matches your in-game

Last edited:
Hello everyone !

Does anyone knows the difference between the GT2, ST and CHL category ? Just curious.
I think I'll give a shot to the Lambo Huracan St Evo2, never raced with an italian until now :)
They are all classed as gt2s IRL but they are still separate catogies in the game. The Ferrari has pure gas down the straights but is probably least aero. Lambo isn’t as quick but has more aero. Then the rest of the gt2s are more aeroy but not massively. Think I will be taking the Maserati:)

According to Kunos GT2, ST and CHL are competitive to each other and can be driven against. I wish I could handle the CHL Ferrari, will try it today. If I‘m not good enough for this car maybe I will drive the Lambo ST.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Sorry but I won't be there tomorrow :( No time to practice a GT2 car today, and I might not be home for the start of the race tomorrow...
Sorry again, as I know that less drivers often means less fun, but I'll be there for the next one !
Have a nice race, and brace yourselves for T1 :geek:

Hi guys. Sorry but I won't be there tomorrow :( No time to practice a GT2 car today, and I might not be home for the start of the race tomorrow...
Sorry again, as I know that less drivers often means less fun, but I'll be there for the next one !
Have a nice race, and brace yourselves for T1 :geek:
Hi Marty, I keep you registered so you can participate if time permits.

Awesome fun in tonight's race! I'm now an advocate for the GT2. Very fun cars

@JohannS had insane pace in the audi.
Had a very fun battle in the first race with @Hazzatron19 (good to battle again after sharing a car for a bit. ) and @Jordan64011 (awesome pace in the lambo, BTW) !
That was until I missed my brake marker in T1 and could not avoid Harry's car. Sorry buddy!
@Antonpiou made it hard to recover the podium and kept 3rd place. Great pace and consistency, you've been on it!

Second race, starting 6th, I went for a good start and the seas parted in front of me. Ended up going 3 wide into T1, but I think we made it work.

Just followed @Hazzatron19, trying to push and finally got the hang of the KTM.
Until he made a mistake close to the end. All this while listening to the Jaws theme being hunted down by @JohannS !

Great fun 20+20, congrats on the podiums and thank you @mklengel for listening in to our crazy ideas!
See you in the next one.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea