2 - The rSeat 45 Minutes of Interlagos

Causing a Colision David. There was nobody but the drivers in Twsiter Team Speak Channel so none of the race marshalls could comunicate with you guys.

For further questiosn David we can comment in the Team Managers forum. :)

Alexandre, STC clock is showing GMT +2, so CEST time. Maybe it is up to Ricardo computer Alexx?
Today I lost the opportunity to run because I trusted in Brifing the organization send to teams. For there is no doubt we should consult the official clock at STC Website .... at least that is what they are asked to do in case of doubt.

It turns out that this alleged official clock does not work properly because it change with your PC clock. This is not a Official clock!! Try it!!

It is a mistake too amateur. Not a watch officer can put on the site!!

Well that race went much better for me than my poor showing at Sebring. Qualifying wasn't great; 0.4 off my PB and a whole second off my optimal.

Still - it was an ok banker lap and meant I just needed to avoid haeomoraging positions on the first lap. Came across a few cars strewn across the track from first lap shunts and found myself eventually racing to stay on or around the top 25.

The last lap was interesting as avoiding another spinning car gave up all my cushion to the car behind. I lost and retook the 23 spot in and out if turn 4 - I just didn't want to give up the place without a fight; really did not expect the switchback to work, but it did :).

Roll on Green Hell!

We will look at it Ricardo. Thanks for reading the briefing and I am really sorry for you, whatever the reason was.

There is not much I can say regarding the clock as I am not taking care of that technical part, but as far as I know it should show GMT + 2. But of course I trust your words. It is my fault to add that sentence in the briefing saying "Check the official time in the website if you have any doubt" then and I will delete it from the next briefings. But I have to say that it was specified too that times in the briefing where in CEST too.

About reading the briefing, I have something to tell to teams but I will do in the Team Managers forum.

Thanks all for the superb racing.

There is not much I can say regarding the clock as I am not taking care of that technical part, but as far as I know it should show GMT + 2. But of course I trust your words. It is my fault to add that sentence in the briefing saying "Check the official time in the website if you have any doubt" then and I will delete it from the next briefings. But I have to say that it was specified too that times in the briefing where in CEST too.

I have the same issue. The clock on the STC website is showing my local time, and always has. I had to make sure of the session times by running them through a time zone converter myself. I'm not too sure what the problem is, but at least now I know that I'm not the only one.

My race report:

Qualifying went as well as it could, I suppose. I ran a time that put me ahead of a few others, and I felt satisfied with what happened.

The race was a horror story though. I got through the first turns perfectly fine, but as we went down the back straight I was pushed to the right by a few drivers, putting me on the knife's edge between staying on track and spinning on the grass. I braked a little later than I anticipated coming into turn 4, which unfortunately put me right where the #24 Positive Sim Racing car was moving while in the braking zone. I could see from watching the replay that we had just enough space to allow for each other's cars, but my ping had other ideas. What should have been (at the most) a slight tap, turned into me bouncing off #24 and spinning on the grass, which in turn sent me spearing across the track. :speechless: I am terribly sorry to the drivers I made contact with in the process.

I went back to the pits with damage and elected to fix it. nearly 11 minutes of optional repairs that I elected not to take meant that the car was undriveable coming out of the lane. my race was pretty much over.

Certainly not what I had in mind for my first STC appearance. :( Still, can't dwell on the negatives. Time to prepare for the next time I jump in the car. Congratulations to my teammate Reggie on finishing 18th, great job!

First of all congratulations to Marcin and JB for a great race, it's a nice change to actually being able to race with others without being afraid of loosing a frontwing or something like that!

Went for the safer 2-lap qual I managed to get in a good .4 banker which was good for P2, did a horrible T2 on the second lap so could not overtake Marcin for the start. Seems like Tomo didn't grid or something so JB was behind me for the start.

The 3 of us managed to pull away from the rest and we kept swapping positions during the race, after Marcins mistake in the last corner I just safed it home which felt good after having the pressure from Enzos and Daves awesome performance in the first race at Sebring. Unlucky for Jason as he didn't get in a good qualifying and wasn't able to advance that much.

Great support from my teammates and I hope we can keep finishing with both cars rest of the season! Shoutouts Sim Racing Teams community and GlacierTV - Wil, Rob x2 (Cuss first race commenting did a great job!) and everyone behind the scenes.

P.S. I read that a few drivers managed to miss the race because they were relying on the frontpage time, I hate to say but it's up to each driver to make sure they keep track of the time in their own timezones. It's not the administrators fault, they have clearly said 20:00 CEST and it's going to be like that rest of the season afaik, it's up to each one to convert it to their own time, it's not that much to demand from the drivers :)

Edit: Ah so briefing stated to check the stc clock, oh well mistakes happen, can always keep check of the hosted tab if you are unsecure, hope everyone makes it in time next race!

A very tense race, and not easy to overtake unless the other driver makes a mistake, which is how we swapped places. Had a hard fierce battle with Marcin in the end, it was intense. I loved that race.

Now that I didn't have any pit stop to screw up, it went a lot better :D

Congratulations again Teemu, I just watched the broadcast and you ran a pretty clever race, very patient and you got the reward at the end.

Woooo What a event :) I dont have the replay file so if some 1 could send it 2 me that would be great.

Quali. Think i was playing it 2 safe and made a few mistakes so a 133.0 put me 27th on the grid.

Race. Made a good start and manged to survive the opening laps. Had a ok start to the race and was running in the 33s but over cooked my tyres and my pace dropped into the 34s. Happy with 18th. Unlucky to my team mate Rhys Gardiner :(

This was my first race in the STC using iracing and i have to say i really enjoyed it and cant wait to be behind the wheel of the Mclaren MP4 again. :)

Congrats to the podium finishers and a big thanks to the STC crew and the broadcast team.

See you guys next round.

Thanks to all for allowing me to be a part of this, and thanks to the Vortex team for having me run, albeit at the back. My first race here, and the level of competition is WAY above anything I've ever been a part of. Qualified at the back, and just tried to stay out of the chaos at the beginning. Was always around another driver so 45 minutes of constant focus. Looking forward to the green hell, and hopefully a pace equal to the level of competition.
On my end the clock shows my local time as well, so I had to keep checking a time converter to ensure proper start time.

Thanks to all for allowing me to be a part of this, and thanks to the Vortex team for having me run, albeit at the back. My first race here, and the level of competition is WAY above anything I've ever been a part of. Qualified at the back, and just tried to stay out of the chaos at the beginning. Was always around another driver so 45 minutes of constant focus. Looking forward to the green hell, and hopefully a pace equal to the level of competition.
On my end the clock shows my local time as well, so I had to keep checking a time converter to ensure proper start time.

Thanks to you mate, and glad you enjoyed the experience. Was there somebody elses supposed to race from Vortex? We missed one of your cars.

About the clock, we are already working on it, team managers have been contacted.

After the second round of the STC Challenge, Positive SimRacing reinforces his position in the mid table of the overall standings. The race in the Brazilian circuit of Interlagos was exciting. After the qualifying, Iván Fernández (22nd) and Daniel Andres (32nd) tried to avoid any incident at the first corner, since they knew that being a short and non-stop race (45 minutes) the aggressiveness of rivals could be extreme... and they were not wrong.

After passing through the Senna's S with some difficulty but without major problems, PSR drivers found several accidents and cars crossed their way. Ivan managed to pass without major problems and scale up to the 17th position, but Daniel found more difficulties.
In one of the accidents during the first round, Daniel managed to stop the car long enough to avoid the touch with a preceding car. Both drivers were able to continue the race without damages, but even so, rival asked to review the incident. The Race directors decided to dismiss this application and qualified it as a race incident.
After that thrilling lap, the positions were slightly stabilized and Ivan was involved in a fight with other two 3 during the remaining race. The PSR driver climbed to 14th position around the half of the race, but the tire wear was increasing... Leading a group of 3 drivers, Ivan lost the control of the car for an instant and although he could control it, on track, his rivals saw the door open and slipped through the hole leaving the Spanish driver in 16th position. Due to the tire wear, Ivan finally crossed the finish line in 17th position.
Meanwhile, Daniel was gaining positions and despite the initial nerves, reached the 19th position when half race was disputed. On the other hand, Daniel could hardly keep his pace. Apparently the first two laps of the race were critical for his tire wear, and it caused that it finally crossed the flag in 21st position.
Daniel Andres with respect to its premiere with the team said: 'the race was good, with results which I think that we cannot achieve, we didn't started in our best possible position, but we battled and gained some positions. Drivers were very aggressive, but it has been fun, we have a team with people with a good level and we can finish even in better positions. I think nerves seized some of me, thanks to Keving for talking with me as engineer. But I made a few turns that were neither as fast nor as consistent as they could be done, but you always learn from your mistakes, and I suppose that with time and experience, the nerves will not be a problem. I did not provoke any incident and I did not make race mistakes, I can be happy.'
Kevin Adam stated: 'I want to congratulate both drivers since it was a hard race. Both started pretty back and we knew that the first lap would be very complicated. After the incident of Daniel I tried to calm him by radio as much as possible and I checked that the car did not suffer damage. Seeing both cars finally returning to cross the finishing line, scoring 4 points more than in the previous round and seeing how the team is strengthened in the middle of the table (11th tied to points with 10th) makes me to be very satisfied. The next goal should be to the strengthen the team in the Top 10, and I think it might be one task rather than affordable with a little improvement.'

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back