GT5 2.0: Spa-Francorchamps is in....kinda.

At least, I'm pretty certain it's going to be in the upcoming DLC (Oct 18th, no price info yet). In the new opening movie, there is a clear shot of a Ferrari F1 2010 blasting through Eau Rouge. There are other shots of Eau Rouge and Kemmel later in the movie. There are also shots of a new karting track, and it looks like the super fast testing oval is back as well.

So I installed the DLC this morning, and have been playing around at Spa this morning. They've done a good job of it I reckon, although it feels like a very low grip track surface. Might just be me though, as most of my running at Spa has been in F1 so perhaps I just need to get used to running different types of car around it.

I've also been told that because the DLC content was actually installed along with Spec 2.0 (you only pay to unlock it when you buy it) this means that people who have not purchased it can still join online lobbies that use it (and can see the new cars etc if others are using them).

If that's the case, any chance of a club event there? It would be perfect for a Touring Car, JGTC or LMP race...

I've also been told that because the DLC content was actually installed along with Spec 2.0 (you only pay to unlock it when you buy it) this means that people who have not purchased it can still join online lobbies that use it (and can see the new cars etc if others are using them).

That was a given for the cars, as you can't cause online mis-matches simply because someone chooses a DLC car (which can be done after everyone had joined the lobby). I will be surprised if the track is also usable by non-DLC players though... it essentially means that they're getting DLC content for free whereas the host has to pay.

If that's the case, any chance of a club event there? It would be perfect for a Touring Car, JGTC or LMP race...

Maybe, but not right now. Other events are already in the pipeline and I'm not even sure I want to buy the DLC immediately to be perfectly honest. £3.20 for one proper track? Joke.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.